Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Jimmah I

01-11-2012

"fight the power, F the system, down with big brother", yea we get it, but seriously this is load of ****, if this gets passed we are going to lose a large amount of our electronic rights, this cannot happen, get as many e-mails as you can and help stop this tyrannical bill before they make it law.

BTW careful with your posts fellas, or arguers for this bill could use posts with vulgar language, or "radical views" against us

LordNer0

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Good to hear from you on this issue, Representative.

Other than sending letters to let Congress know we're in opposition, is there anything else we can do to help? As a Congress member, how do you take and act on the feedback of constituents?
Nerf SOPA Morello , this time we need ya nerfs

Falleth

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietChaos View Post
its not copyright because its not using the ORIGINAL idea of champion cause some of the champions were from somewhere else, if it is changed in any way shape or form even name, it different thing all together
to me it seems like a Viacom bull**** that try to DMCA something that is not their's, but somehow they are allowed to.
copy-written material that is uploaded by someone else and not the owner, IT IS NOT THE OWNERS RESPONSIBILITY IF COPY-WRITTEN MATERIAL GETS UPLOADED. they just host the videos, meaning they can bug them all they want, but if they are so worried about it, they should take it down themselves
But SOPA/PIPA makes it so host IS responsible for content.

Oznap

01-11-2012

Will you stop your relationship with Ign because they support SOPA?

DiviSteve

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklebox View Post
ermm im canadian can i still help stop sopa cause even if it doesnt efffect canada i would still like to help stop it in some way help out my fellow american neighbours
This isn't just going to affect the U.S. but affect the WHOLE internet, which includes Youtube, Facebook, Reddit, or any other sites which can potentially give you pirated content.

The Dream Man

01-11-2012

+1

Kristofff

01-11-2012

There's an app on the android marketplace called "Boycott SOPA" by ROZAP that allows you to scan products barcodes and avoid purchasing any items that support the companies that support SOPA.

Please take the threat of this anti-consumer and anti-citizen legislation extremely seriously and do everything in your limited powers to hurt it's chances of passage than you reasonably can. Boycott SOPA and any company supporting that vulturous legislation if you value your freedom to not have to live under scrutiny for every little thing you regularly do on the internet, because SOPA gives media corporations the power to literally destroy anything they do not deem acceptable on the internet.

Xnubs

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wriggle View Post
What's wrong with the Tribunal?
Problems with it but this is not the thread for that talk : ) Its a good start that needs tweaks we will leave it at that in this thread.

Sir Tabbris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

letters sent friend notified

CruelCookie1337

01-11-2012

Hi,
I'm an Australian and I DO NOT want this stupid SOPA to pass. Is there anything that I could do?