Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

keyseeker

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quren View Post
Brutal I'm not from America, but I like watching streamers. Is there a petition I can sign as an out of country interested party?
just found one

http://www.avaaz.org/en/save_the_internet/?wVbOocb

any none US citizens that wanna combat sopa? get IN!

iTaker

01-11-2012

Just called my congressman in Pennsylvania and plead my case to him with what i do on the internet and the harm it could cause! DOING MAH PART now do yours! D

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Don't let this bill pass! For freedom!

YoungSpice

01-11-2012

I am so proud of this company, and the representative that commented on it. Too bad i dont live in america. STOP SOPA! wish you all my support from germany!

Yasuhiko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

I've been fighting these things since COICA came into play a while back. I actually remember making a post to raise awareness about it back then! Needless to say, I ain't going down without a fight and neither should any of you. Let's kick this thing in the balls, then tell our friends to do the same and make sure they tell their friends, and maybe our lawmakers will realize that it's an unpopular idea.

And don't forget that this year is an election year! Make sure to vote if you're eligible; if your congressman/woman supported SOPA, make sure they get the message by kicking them out of office!

The7fingeredman

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep Jared Polis View Post
Hi, this is Congressman Jared Polis of Colorado. As a member of the League of Legends community (partial to Anivia and Maokai), and as someone who made his living as an Internet entrepreneur before being elected to Congress, Iím greatly concerned about the future of the Internet and gaming if Congress doesn't wake up. You may have heard that Congress is currently considering a bill called the Stop Online Piracy Act, or SOPA. While SOPA has a ton of problems, there are some significant issues that I thought fellow gamers might want to know about.

Iím particularly concerned that SOPA might stifle the kind of innovation that brings us games we love, such as LoL. The bill makes it far too easy for angry competitors to sue good law abiding companies out of existence. It threatens any company or website that depends on user-generated content, even companies like Riot. Instead of coming up with great ways to keep making games like LoL even better, companies will have to spend their money hiring lawyers. That's why companies like Riot, who want to protect the games they create, are opposed to SOPA.

Iíve been working on alternative legislation that would protect the games companies create while also fostering innovation. But we also need you to call your members of Congress and let them know of your opposition to SOPA. This bill has a very real chance of passing, and it is up to all of who want to protect the Internet to take action. More information is available at http://keepthewebopen.com/. Please make your voices heard in this debate! I will be happy to respond to your posts below, and will check back every few hours today and respond to as many as I can.
Sir,
I just thought I should let you know that you are my hero. You are a politician that cares about something other than money, power, or partisan antics. You really do care about the American people and our country. I would just like to thank you.

ViscousRandom

01-11-2012

I have always loved Riot. They do a great job giving players what they want while keeping their own goals in mind. This, however, has made me a loyal lifetime supporter. Thank you Riot!

Burningstarkami

01-11-2012

I understand that piracy is a huge problem but SOPA/PIPA is not the way to fix it. It will cripple the largest database of free thinking and information everyone is entitled to. There is a better way.

Slimlenny

01-11-2012

I was so happy when I saw this :')

Good work Riot! We should all do our best to stop SOPA!

Xnubs

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldred View Post
This better not pass... It's gonna piss off a lot of people!
Thing is it has a lot of money behind it and at the moment if it was to be voted on it would pass.