Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Manemz

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotJeffJew View Post
I like this guy
I do too

tcellul

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashpoint View Post
Will we get RP points if we do what Riot says?

(I'm just being real here)
lol would be sweet

Flana Scarlet

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep Jared Polis View Post
Hi, this is Congressman Jared Polis of Colorado. As a member of the League of Legends community (partial to Anivia and Maokai), and as someone who made his living as an Internet entrepreneur before being elected to Congress, Iím greatly concerned about the future of the Internet and gaming if Congress doesn't wake up. You may have heard that Congress is currently considering a bill called the Stop Online Piracy Act, or SOPA. While SOPA has a ton of problems, there are some significant issues that I thought fellow gamers might want to know about.

Iím particularly concerned that SOPA might stifle the kind of innovation that brings us games we love, such as LoL. The bill makes it far too easy for angry competitors to sue good law abiding companies out of existence. It threatens any company or website that depends on user-generated content, even companies like Riot. Instead of coming up with great ways to keep making games like LoL even better, companies will have to spend their money hiring lawyers. That's why companies like Riot, who want to protect the games they create, are opposed to SOPA.

Iíve been working on alternative legislation that would protect the games companies create while also fostering innovation. But we also need you to call your members of Congress and let them know of your opposition to SOPA. This bill has a very real chance of passing, and it is up to all of who want to protect the Internet to take action. More information is available at http://keepthewebopen.com/. Please make your voices heard in this debate! I will be happy to respond to your posts below, and will check back every few hours today and respond to as many as I can.
You are now my favorite person to ever be involved with politics.

I sorry Roosevelt, its not you. It's me.

Prune

01-11-2012

can we do anything in other countries like the UK? i mean, it will affect the world if this goes through.

Exotiationlegend

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRooster View Post
As a partner on Youtube, I could possibly get screwed over by this too. I support this cause.
I love your "this is why we hate" videos! Please make more!

JHouse0386

01-11-2012

i will strike you with wasting disease, with fever and inflammation, with scorching heat and drought, with blight and mildew, which will plague you until you perish. SOPA AND ANYONE WHO WANTS TO PASS IT!!!

-G0– HAS SPOKEN!!!

MeatThrottle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

The real question is, what is the Congressman's ELO?

Xnubs

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callumundo View Post
I propose a Congressman Maokai skin.
I 2nd this motion get on it riot !!!!!!!!

Ramble On Dru

01-11-2012

This is NOT the way their problems are going to be solved. Support RIOT, down with SOPA. Don't touch our interwebs.

Johmama

01-11-2012

Yes please. We need SOPA to die. This bill does so much more than hit piracy. It can't pass!