Help Us Stop SOPA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sentient 6

01-11-2012

I really wish, as a Canadian, that I could have some sort of influence over the outcome. I am rather frustrated that the US is able to make these decisions, that would significantly affect the entire world, without consulting other countries.

IS13537e7a92416eab299e3

01-11-2012

Totally seems to me like the SOPA guys have no life LOL.

For real.

Naztak

01-11-2012

I just send a lengthy e-mail to my representatives in California, explaining my feeling on the matter, being a gamer since I was 7 (started with Everquest) I think this bill is going to destroy the internet and needs to be shot, mangled and hung from a tree. This SOPA is the most Idiotic way I can think about trying to "Improve" the internet.

People should NOT fear their government, government should fear their people. We have a voice, let us be heard. I will be protesting against this bill when congress goes to talk about it.

The Internet is made up on many different countries, not just one. This does not give the United States Congress the power to be able to harm others experience of what the internet is by shutting down sites, blocking videos for a simple song or anything to this point. We are MANY countries, we cannot be DICTATED by one.

I also point to our Bill of Rights here in the U.S. what happened to freedom of speech? Just because major corporations want to make a quick buck and keep their sales while they fail to appeal to their consumers is not our fault.

I say we strike back. E-mail your Representatives. Protest on the bill on the 24th. Make our voice heard!

United we Stand, Divided we fall. Protect our beloved internet, before it changes forever.

Yeemboy

01-11-2012

This thread can not get enough upvotes and views. I really want to see other online gaming communities coming together to stop SOPA.

I've been a part of organizations against SOPA for the past several months and have seen my government's attempts get stopped over and over. It's sad to see that the American government wants to put a strangle hold on the internet like this.

SOPA is a petty attempt at internet regulation in favor of corporations, and it also attacks our freedom of communication on the internet. The exact same thing happened when the government tried to regulate the Gutenberg Press in an attempt to stop the freedom of communication between citizens of their own country.

I am very happy to see Riot Games spreading this message. I don't agree with much of anything Riot does with their game, but I can't agree with them more here.

This isn't just about streaming, or internet piracy, it's also about our freedoms in this country.

"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man." - The Dude

CommandShockwave

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krial View Post
Hi i'm george zimmer ceo and founder of men's wearhouse. I'm a member of the riot games community primarily due to the fact that nikasaur loves pounding my pleasure rod so much she autoasphexiates. I'm concerned about sopa, but more concerned about how wrecked your tight little pooper shooter will be after our backdoor bungling. I'm going to make passionate sweat fueled lust to you inside a sedan so hard you'll sing christmas carols in taiwanese. Don't let sopa pass, and keep shopping at men's wearhouse.
I probably spend way too much time on 4chan because I found this absolutely hilarious.

Downvoted because maximum creepy anyway.

Najoran

01-11-2012

I'm thoroughly disappointed in our government now. Why is the only thing they agree on something that's so stupid.

YoshioPeePee

01-11-2012

glad to see riot is on the right side of this

i'd be sickening if congress, which can't agree on anything, actually came togather for this

TheREALaccount

01-11-2012

Ron Paul 2012

DarkSonata14

01-11-2012

I can't sign since I'm Mexican, but I'm aware that it would affect me almost the same way as US citizens, as I use a lot of services based in the US. So I really support Riot and anyone who is against SOPA/PIPA

Sailor Twift

01-11-2012

I love RIOT so much