Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiC Røsøft View Post
Alright, thanks for the advice. I'll keep an eye out. I usually notice players, if they notice their lane opponent has left the lane, such as Graves in your example, pushing the lane so Graves loses out on even more XP and cs. Shouuld I go back, assuming I'm Vayne in the scenario, so I can maintain the item "balance" so-to-speak?
Usually you want to clear out the wave that is in front of you and go back right away, making Graves(in this example) to lose more xp and you can go get the items to maintain the "balance" in the lane.

Of course, if you can push a turret down, do not stop, MOW IT DOWN.

MiC Røsøft

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Usually you want to clear out the wave that is in front of you and go back right away, making Graves(in this example) to lose more xp and you can go get the items to maintain the "balance" in the lane.

Of course, if you can push a turret down, do not stop, MOW IT DOWN.
Okay, that's what I've been thinking.

Yes of course, haha. Anyways, thanks for your help and I'll be sure to post again if I think of some other questions.

Cenerae

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
If you had just started/ ready to start solo Q, I heavily recommend you to get good with AP carries and jungler.

The reason behind this is because these two roles had most affect to all lanes during the early and mid game, and generally speaking, below 1400s, people will usually surrender at 20 if you have a huge lead.

Support is usually unneeded til 1400s+, and the AD carries start becoming really important after 1500s+.
I got 1400 last season, though I didn't play many games. I want to try and do better than 1400 this time round though, so I wanted to know whether I needed to try and improve my game in any particular category.

And from what you're saying I guess I need to practise my mages.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

Small helpful bump

ThorHammerz

01-09-2012

Hi, is an (heavily) AP oriented (but still investing in some attack speed) Teemo a viable build? Or is it just good for trolling, lower Elo levels, and normal games (where I am at now).

til Days of Blue

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorHammerz View Post
Hi, is an (heavily) AP oriented (but still investing in some attack speed) Teemo a viable build? Or is it just good for trolling, lower Elo levels, and normal games (where I am at now).
AP heavy teemo is viable in the jungle during mid game, but his damage fall off rapidly when it comes close to late game due to

1. Oracle.
2. Enemy will go as a team.

Current community favor on-hit teemo, with items such as forzen mallet, wit's end and madred bloodrazor. This allow teemo to do a lot of damage while still being able to survive in a teamfight.

AP teemo can rarely survive against an enemy with gap closer (aka, ahri, fizz, or akali)

S B

01-09-2012

1). Hello, I find myself better at playing MF than Caitlyn, how can I capitalize on that, making MF a more "viable" pick (maybe build wise, play style)?

2). How do you favor building Jungle Malphite and Jungle Trundle (my two junglers)?

til Days of Blue

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S B View Post
1). Hello, I find myself better at playing MF than Caitlyn, how can I capitalize on that, making MF a more "viable" pick (maybe build wise, play style)?

2). How do you favor building Jungle Malphite and Jungle Trundle (my two junglers)?
1. MF's double up is what shape her character, however, her skill kit really suck compare to Caitlyn (Caitlyn's Q is long ranged, and W can be used to zone, E can escape some ganks)

I will say MF's kite need an update, I will only pick MF if the enemy is really heavy on healing/ lifesteal ability, which includes Swain, Soraka, Fiddlestick, Warwick, Udyr and sometime, Trydamere.

Build wise it is still pretty standard range AD build, IE, PD, > maybe an defensive item <, LW.

2. I don't know much about jungle Malphite, but for jungle Trundle, you want to go wriggle and mercury tread as you core, then you can try to build a Randuin Omen for the active and HoG earlier, and trinity force for damage.

USS BUTTPEE

01-09-2012

I find that when playing Cho'Gath I often "Overguess" when placing rupture in teamfights. As in, I'll try to do some goofy thing where I basically overthink where to place rupture, when instead the simpler and obvious answer was correct. I get this problem with skillshots sometimes.

How do I shut my stupid brain up?

Edit: Oh, it's you. Hi!

til Days of Blue

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyyyyyy View Post
I find that when playing Cho'Gath I often "Overguess" when placing rupture in teamfights. As in, I'll try to do some goofy thing where I basically overthink where to place rupture, when instead the simpler and obvious answer was correct. I get this problem with skillshots sometimes.

How do I shut my stupid brain up?

Edit: Oh, it's you. Hi!
Ouch, learning skill shot takes practice, if it is some skillshot like rupture, I suggest trying to play Karthus, if it is other skill shots like blitz's grab, play Ezreal.