Waow... really?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xValkyrieBlade

01-09-2012

Hey Riot, I actually got banned because I told my team that I'll be right back because my budgie is pregnant and I need sometimes to feed her and do some stuff so I said that I'll be right back and they said ok. And now they report me and I got banned. And when you say 'you ruined the game'. How can I ruin a game if my team won?

capt indecision

01-09-2012

Did it say banned by tribunal? You don't get banned for one instance.

ToothpickSmash

01-09-2012

1 instance of AFK does not get you banned. There are a few reasons you could be banned.

1. You AFKed a few times too many in the past and the LeaveBuster banned you.
2. You broke other rules and the reports are finally resolved and you were issued a ban.

If I were you, I'd be more concerned about another potential ban coming in the future since reports are often backlogged for days if not months. Perhaps play Dominion if you can't manage to stay for a whole normal game or watch what you type in chat to prevent the reports being escalated into the Tribunal.

capt indecision

01-09-2012

You have 17 leaves in less than 250 games. Stop leaving.

ToothpickSmash

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt indecision View Post
You have 17 leaves in less than 250 games. Stop leaving.
In that case he really should be worried about a future ban coming. Since this is probably the LeaveBuster ban and the report ban might be backlogged somewhere. Speaking from personal experience, I don't think people take too kindly to leaving/AFKs.

zydoll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

Honestly, most people don't care if you have a valid reason. Plan your day a bit better.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

01-09-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xValkyrieBlade View Post
Hey Riot, I actually got banned because I told my team that I'll be right back because my budgie is pregnant and I need sometimes to feed her and do some stuff so I said that I'll be right back and they said ok. And now they report me and I got banned. And when you say 'you ruined the game'. How can I ruin a game if my team won?
You were banned by the LeaverBuster, not by the Tribunal.
You are a level 4 leaver, which means you are currently one of our top leavers.

I would really like you to think about how many games you have ruined for others due to your actions. Please read the summoner’s code and our ToS, and understand if you continue to leave the game, at current rate you will get the LeaverBuster 200 year ban very very soon.

Darth Koopa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

Also, I would just like to add that you don't automatically get banned by being reported. It goes through the tribunal and then to a Riot staff member to actually be banned by getting reported. Also, as was mentioned above, several games are needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
I would really like you to think about how many games you have ruined for others due to your actions.
Kiddington is right. THINK about it. How would you feel if that happened to you and your game was ruined?

Ekanselttar

01-09-2012

How are leaves affected through time? When I was a new summoner I got up to I think leaver level 3, but haven't had a leave in months. If my power goes out or something, I'm not going to get the level 4 penalty, am I?

Methelod

01-09-2012

Leaver Penalty DOES go down. I was uh, well, not proud of this but I had leaver two, recently left a game, and it told me I was back at 1. So yes, it does go down.