Can't hear the announcer

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Verlada

01-06-2012

I've check the sound settings and everything, but i can't seem to hear whenever i break a turret anymore.. is that natural? i'm not really sure and i need reassurance.. well thanks in advance!

Eunson

01-07-2012

post here. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1606415 maybe riot will do something. They commented and then nothing. All riot will do is tell you to change your sound from 5.1 to stereo or to repair league. These both do not fix it. There is a problem with the game.

jaywatford

Lead Sound Designer

01-09-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Hey Verlada,

Is the problem only with announcements for turret kills, or are you having problems with all announcements? Were haven't been able to repro any of these announcer problems yet, so more specific information would be very helpful.

Thanks!

GaiaMike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

Both my brother and I are having this issue as well. It happens mostly when a turret is broken (no announcement) on top of ever other kill (no announcements of ___ has been slain, double kill, triple kill, etc)

Dezovin

01-09-2012

Some games i dont get any announcements, and others i seem to hear everything. But it is weird to not hear double / triple kills or turrets being destroyed, or if someone is on a spree sometimes. Not sure why it does that, but it do

in the butt pls

01-09-2012

Yep, I'm having this issue too- I remember it being with turret destruction not being called afaik.

Eunson

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywatford View Post
Hey Verlada,

Is the problem only with announcements for turret kills, or are you having problems with all announcements? Were haven't been able to repro any of these announcer problems yet, so more specific information would be very helpful.

Thanks!
You can't reproduce it. It's rather you have it or you don't. There is something wrong with your code in your client that doesn'tt work with about 1/3 of the communities computers.If you are trying to reproduce it, you are wasting your time. If you don't fix stuff because you can't reproduce then this will never be fixed.

Lutcikaur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

I have it too. Anything we can send you that will help?

Werewolf Link

Recruiter

01-09-2012

I've been having this too. It's random, not every game. The Announcer works for the opening announcement (Welcome, 30 Seconds, MInions have Spawned) but after that no notice on kills, towers/inhibs being destroyed, etc. I never notice until halfway through the game though, when I personally destroy a tower and get no notification of it.

I noticed it first in Ranked when I said that we hadn't gotten a single tower down, and my teammate politely pinged the two towers bot lane that had been destroyed without a single announcement.

GaiaMike

01-09-2012

bumping this