Ask Shyvana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpicyJackTheBard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-08-2012

Lady Shyvana,

I have recently begun a relationship with a champion of the League. She and I have worked together quite well for some time, and we shared a cup of tea more than once in her native city-state. However, while we care for each other deeply, she and I have a major ideological difference.
I grew up in Bilgewater, where pirates (and therefor, chaos) reign. I am a firm believer that chaos is necessary to keep Law and order in check. She, on the other hand, believes that the laws of the world are the highest authority and must be maintained with the utmost level of meticulousness (her words, not mine).
Naturally, you can see my predicament. I don't want her to change her ideology for me, since that belief is the foundation of who she is, yet I am having a hard time changing my philosophy to accommodate her as well. I suppose my question is: What route should I take? She is the one for me, I just know it.

In all Sincerity,
Summoner Spicy Jack, the Bard of Bilgewater

Lord Bronas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

Dear Shyvana

Firstly i must say that i am quite amazed that you managed to grab a few moment to actually answer questions from summoners, despite the fact you seem to be summoned quite often onto the Fields of Justice.

Moving directly into the question, I am curious about your thoughts of Renekton. His insanity gave me a thought of how you could end if you couldn't manage to control your rage. Is it something similar or am I wrong? Also, I would like to know your opinion about him on the battlefield.

Lord Bronas, Mercenary Summoner.

Jaykoboy

01-08-2012

Dear Shyvana,

Asking for a replacement letter, Viktor sent another. I'm not going to read the whole thing, since it was full of all sorts of technological mumbo-jumbo, but it was actually a question.

I think he likes you.

Anyways, it was something really simple, along the lines of 'How is your fire created? Through chemicals, magic, or something else? I'd like to see if I could replicate it.'

Sounds odd...I think he might not hate you as much because you're only half-human, not a full one.

-Jaykoboy

Ask Shyvana

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyJackTheBard View Post
Lady Shyvana,

I have recently begun a relationship with a champion of the League. She and I have worked together quite well for some time, and we shared a cup of tea more than once in her native city-state. However, while we care for each other deeply, she and I have a major ideological difference.
I grew up in Bilgewater, where pirates (and therefor, chaos) reign. I am a firm believer that chaos is necessary to keep Law and order in check. She, on the other hand, believes that the laws of the world are the highest authority and must be maintained with the utmost level of meticulousness (her words, not mine).
Naturally, you can see my predicament. I don't want her to change her ideology for me, since that belief is the foundation of who she is, yet I am having a hard time changing my philosophy to accommodate her as well. I suppose my question is: What route should I take? She is the one for me, I just know it.

In all Sincerity,
Hello, Spicy Jack.

I was wondering when the first romance question would come.

Hm. Since you're from Bilgewater, I immediately thought you were dating Miss Fortune, but although she hates pirates, that was definitely not something she'd say. But whatever, who it is isn't really relevant. You're basically asking me the best way to make this odd coupling work? Well, I'm not sure what to tell you. I know I could never be with someone so opposed to the Demacian way as your lady friend is to your ideologies. But since you and she have had outings, it seems to me she's more lenient than I am. I suppose the generic advice is "the two of you will find a compromise for your love", but I'm not going to spew out that schmultsy drivel.

If you ask me, since you seem to really want this girl, it's up to you to change for her. I don't know how much of yourself you're willing to change, or even if people do change in any meaningful way, but that's really what needs to be done. That said, this can't work if you're doing all the changing, right? If this is going to work, she'll need to change some, too. Whether or not she's willing to budge is another issue, but this won't work if she doesn't relent some.

...you know, I was about to suggest that the two of you sit down and discuss this stuff, but I just had a thought: does this stuff really matter? You've told me what you think, and what she thinks. Unless this specific topic is a daily thing you two discuss, it really shouldn't matter. Do you enjoy each others' company? Do you like the same things? Can you at least tolerate the things the other likes that you don't? That's what matters. In terms of what you and she thinks about law and order, the one issue is: where will you two live? It's obvious she won't settle in Bilgewater. You don't have to tell me who this champion is, but with her ideology, I'd be surprised if she wasn't either Demacian or Ionian. So, are you willing to buck up, shelf your political feelings, and live in her citystate with her? Are you willing to abide by the social and legal rules, despite your love of the Bilgewater way of life? If you really want this to work, that's the only decision you need to make.

If you want a compromise between the two citystates, I'm not sure what to suggest. Discuss this with her, and see what happens. Judging by Caitlyn, Piltover seems like a compromise between Demacia and Bilgewater. A firm legal system, but socially... it's not like Demacia, is all I'll say, to keep objective.

As a side note: based on her quote, she sounds a lot like a higher class Demacian. From what I've seen, kissing her hand would go over really well with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bronas View Post
Dear Shyvana

Firstly i must say that i am quite amazed that you managed to grab a few moment to actually answer questions from summoners, despite the fact you seem to be summoned quite often onto the Fields of Justice.

Moving directly into the question, I am curious about your thoughts of Renekton. His insanity gave me a thought of how you could end if you couldn't manage to control your rage. Is it something similar or am I wrong? Also, I would like to know your opinion about him on the battlefield.

Lord Bronas, Mercenary Summoner.
Hello, Lord Bronas. I'll try to be respectful, given your title.

Oh, it's no problem. We Champions get fair warning of scheduled matches.

Hm, an interesting question. Renekton does trouble me for this exact reason. I see traces of my own fighting style in what he does. But Renekton isn't the first creature to show me what I could become if I didn't learn to control my rage. Most fullblooded dragons show me enough of that. And... after my father was murdered, I likely would have fallen down that dark road. I cannot possibly thank Prince Jarvan enough for all that he has done for me.

As for him on the battlefield, I'm torn. He's surprisingly quick, given the size of his weapon, but at the same time, that thing is terribly awkward. It may be hard to block, but it's very easy to predict. Also, you called him insane, and his fighting style really shows it. He slashes his way into the heart of battle, which is respectable for a warrior, but for him, it seems more like a child throwing a rock at a beehive. Sure, he'll do plenty of damage, but he's not escaping on the winning end of what will happen next. I'd say Renekton believes himself to be stronger than he is, but I think the truth is that he's too insane to realize when he's in over his head.

Finally, I'll just say, his blood is quite thicker than a human's. I was forced to notice that the last time I was covered in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
Dear Shyvana,

Asking for a replacement letter, Viktor sent another. I'm not going to read the whole thing, since it was full of all sorts of technological mumbo-jumbo, but it was actually a question.

I think he likes you.

Anyways, it was something really simple, along the lines of 'How is your fire created? Through chemicals, magic, or something else? I'd like to see if I could replicate it.'

Sounds odd...I think he might not hate you as much because you're only half-human, not a full one.

-Jaykoboy
Eh... Viktor can keep liking from afar, I'm not interested.

Now, his question. All I can tell you is some fairly generic knowledge, since this isn't something I've studied. Dragons have organs in their chests that produce fire. I don't know how, exactly. I know its only released on the exhale, so if I had to guess, it's some kind of chemical that ignites when exposed to air.

...I'll take that as some kind of compliment, but Viktor should know that I've embraced my human side, and though I thrive in my true form on the Field of Justice, everywhere eelse in life, I will live as a human.

SpicyJackTheBard

Recruiter

01-08-2012

Lady Shyvana,

I'd like to thank you for your advice on how to deal with Cait-... I mean, my lady problem. Your suggestion as to action worked out magnificently, and she and I are scheduled to have a night out on the town, later sharing our customary cup of tea. Thank you once again, and may your flames be forever bright.

In all Sincerity,

Ask Shyvana

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyJackTheBard View Post
Lady Shyvana,

I'd like to thank you for your advice on how to deal with Cait-... I mean, my lady problem. Your suggestion as to action worked out magnificently, and she and I are scheduled to have a night out on the town, later sharing our customary cup of tea. Thank you once again, and may your flames be forever bright.

In all Sincerity,
Caitlyn? I'm surprised, Summoner, Caitlyn's standards are very high, and she certainly doesn't tolerate people who think much less of the law than she does. My advice to you is, don't tick her off; she's really good with that rifle. Also, mind the fuzzy cuffs, Summoner.

SpicyJackTheBard

Recruiter

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
Caitlyn? I'm surprised, Summoner, Caitlyn's standards are very high, and she certainly doesn't tolerate people who think much less of the law than she does. My advice to you is, don't tick her off; she's really good with that rifle. Also, mind the fuzzy cuffs, Summoner.
I learned about the rifle the hard way, and, between the two of us, the fuzzy cuffs are tiger print. ;D

randy780

01-11-2012

dear shyvana

does jarvan visit you often

Ask Shyvana

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowrandy View Post
dear shyvana

does jarvan visit you often
Hello, Shadow.

Prince Jarvan used to visit me almost daily, to make sure I was adjusting well in Demacia. These days, not nearly as often. I suppose officials within the military keep him posted, but really, there's not much to report on now that I'm fully integrated into our great citystate. He does seek me out anytime he's near the barracks, though, and he occasionally does stop by my home or the diner I frequent. It's mostly short conversations, since he's quite a busy man. If you'd like a number, I'd say about once a week, he 'visits'.

I'm not quite sure why he does it. Some people think he's grooming me to be his future queen, so I may 'put immortal Draconian genes into the royal bloodline'. Others think he thinks of himself as a father figure to me. A few simply think he's just a nice guy and that's what he does. I myself am not sure which it is, but it doesn't matter too much. He's a great man and I appreciate his company, that's what matters.

Elite Midget

01-11-2012

Lady Shyvana,

Does the Prince ever ask you to fly him around places without notice?

Signed,
Renault - Captain of the Guard