Dominion is a minigame.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seņor Pancho

01-06-2012

dominion allows you to play your favorite champ much more freely.

in SR, many champions are condemned to build a certain way and play a certain role. you deviate from that mold, you get flamed and reported by 4 angry nerds.

AD blitz? tons of fun.
AD malz? viable.
AP / SV soraka? recommended.

welcome to dominion. ban rammus.

KrYoS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

I guess someone played Dominion and got owned, therefore it must suck and be for noobs eh? Hah. Classic requires the ability to last hit creeps and map awareness. Dominion requires good team coordination, ability to engage in constant team battles and great map awareness. Most of the people I know don't like classic because it's slow and boring now compared to Dominion. Once they make ranked an option, you'll see Dominion become much more highly regarded.

Also, please take your testing to normal mode SR, custom or AI vs bots. Those of us who are serious about Dominion get sick of people like the OP playing in a game mode that they neither like, nor respect and proceed to feed and suck.

Narog

01-06-2012

people compare TT to dominion? TT is completely unbalance

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

Dumbed down? Please, pal. Just because we don't farm for 20 minutes doesn't mean it's dumbed down. Instead, you need to bring some skills into the match. See you there.

ActionButlerGO

01-06-2012

Summoner's Rift is a rehash of a minigame from Warcraft 3.

As usual, another GD troll fails. I think it's cute, though, how the most vocal of Dom critics from GD are badgeless and/or clearly twelve years old.

VhakulaKhaulepi

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
Summoner's Rift is a rehash of a minigame from Warcraft 3.
Good point.

Phynal

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirRhino View Post
It's only fun for people who don't get how to play classic mode.
Normally I ignore posts like this one from people who don't have any clue as to what goes into a Dominion game. But saying that people who play Dominion don't know how to play SR is completely false.

I have several friends who have over 1600 ELO ranked and I could hang with them just fine. There are multiple gold and platinum players from season 1 who play dominion. We choose to play Dominion for our own reasons, not because we don't know how to play SR.

I mean...c'mon man.

Inkyjinx

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbnail9 View Post
It can be fun but its too unbalanced to be played with any real strat. As for now just have one turtle bot then high mobility champs take points.
you've played like... 10 games of Dominion, right?

because that strategy doesn't work. at all.

Ascleph

01-06-2012

So more trash from the GD? THANKS MODS

Inkyjinx

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fremz View Post
Dominion is fun and its still competitive but not for all champs.
i'd bet the list of 'viable' champs is longer in Dominion than it is in SR.