Which APs are viable on Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Terreocti

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2012

One of the most infamous and nowadays banned champions in Draft mode: Kassadin. Others that are currently viable include: Ryze, LeBlanc, Cassiopeia, and even Ahri.

Optional AP's you may see: AP Kog'Maw, Master Yi, Twisted Fate, Teemo, etc. In my opinion, AP Shaco is not viable at all and is more of a gimmick in Dominion.

Stimuz

01-04-2012

All AP are viable honestly.

Strongest in my opinion are:

Kassadin
Ryze
Cassiopeia
AP Ezreal
Leblanc

in that order.

cerealsmok3r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2012

swain is a viable champion so is fizz if your good with that trickster skill

IMSOJUICY

01-05-2012

how is brand in people's opinion? i've been free week branding yesterday, and he seems pretty strong. its weird i find myself getting cdr boots on him, though, cuz his CDs seem pretty high. Seems like he really misses that blue buff from SR.

Stimuz

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealsmok3r View Post
swain is a viable champion so is fizz if your good with that trickster skill
****, even if you're bad with trickster you'll dodge at least half the stuff people throw at you just using it as a gapcloser.

Annaed

01-05-2012

ahri with rylais is my favorite atm.

Yaladilae

01-05-2012

my favorite is with AP Teemo

Until your "elo" is very high and people learn about oracles extracts, then its not very effective

Warrrrax

01-05-2012

Ryze is considered quite strong, even though he isn't "AP" per se.

Fizz is solid due to his very high burst with high AP ratio.

Kog is more of a ranged autoattacker than AP. AP Kog kind of sucks because his ratios aren't that great and its a lot harder to use the Ult successfully on dominion.

Many of the Long Range AP guys are solid: Brand, Ahri, Xerath, etc because they can harass from really long range and siege a control point outside the range of a tower. Add Cass and Karth to that list.

Heimer is a very strong bottom pick and decent top as well due to autotargeting Rockets and turrets to defend his position.

Maltazar is surprisingly good. Ive had success with the so-called AD variant that spams spells and uses minions to beatdown opponents. It works moreso due to his high defense and spam moreso than the minions.

Basoosh

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSOJUICY View Post
how is brand in people's opinion? i've been free week branding yesterday, and he seems pretty strong. its weird i find myself getting cdr boots on him, though, cuz his CDs seem pretty high. Seems like he really misses that blue buff from SR.
Quite similar to Xerath. I find both to be very rewarding when you hit your stuff, and completely unforgiving if you miss.

Stimuz

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Kog is more of a ranged autoattacker than AP. AP Kog kind of sucks because his ratios aren't that great and its a lot harder to use the Ult successfully on dominion.
What? Kog's base nuke damage and ratios are great 260 base 0.7 AP on Q and E, only 0.3 on R but that can go down to 0.6s CD at rank 3 and has a base damage of 200-400. His power spikes up at 16 quite a bit as well as he can land 2-3 R's off a teammates CC with some CDR and the range and base damage go up a lot as well. Did I mention he has one of the best shreds in the game?