Riot, Do you even care anymore?

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Classick

Game Designer

01-04-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

The short answer is yes. Not only is it frustrating for you guys, it's frustrating for us. There are a few projects such as Stealth/Dr. Mundo that have sat on the back burner for a long time and we really feel bad about this. I can give you nothing but my sincere apology, unfortunately priorities get in the way of these projects.

These characters are not completely ignored I can genuinely say that I think about these characters a lot and I feel bad about them, not just the characters power levels themselves but the fact that we have promised you guys something for so long. As time has gone by they are moving up the list and I'm very excited to finish them.

It is definitely an initiative of mine to give these characters the updates they need but I'm in no situation at the moment to give an estimation on their completion. Some of these projects do actually take a very large amount of time to finish for a releasable state. Sometimes we go through a month plus of testing just to find out we want to try something completely different (Mundo has fallen subject to this).

So yes, we do care. The large amount of threads that pop up daily about Stealth, Mundo, Etc. are read and not ignored.

Captain Teembro

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classick View Post
The short answer is yes. Not only is it frustrating for you guys, it's frustrating for us. There are a few projects such as Stealth/Dr. Mundo that have sat on the back burner for a long time and we really feel bad about this. I can give you nothing but my sincere apology, unfortunately priorities get in the way of these projects.

These characters are not completely ignored I can genuinely say that I think about these characters a lot and I feel bad about them, not just the characters power levels themselves but the fact that we have promised you guys something for so long. As time has gone by they are moving up the list and I'm very excited to finish them.

It is definitely an initiative of mine to give these characters the updates they need but I'm in no situation at the moment to give an estimation on their completion. Some of these projects do actually take a very large amount of time to finish for a releasable state. Sometimes we go through a month plus of testing just to find out we want to try something completely different (Mundo has fallen subject to this).

So yes, we do care. The large amount of threads that pop up daily about Stealth, Mundo, Etc. are read and not ignored.
And yet Magnificent TF, Red Baron Corki, Alien Heimer, and the other "legendary" skins that don't deserve their names have been completely ignored for 1+ years

Ayunasheart

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalcoVet101 View Post
And yet Magnificent TF, Red Baron Corki, Alien Heimer, and the other "legendary" skins that don't deserve their names have been completely ignored for 1+ years
While I'd like to see some legendary skins remade, I think that actual game balance is a lot more important, and I'd like to see Mundo and Evelynn accepted and not considered black sheep before Magnificent TF gets a makeover.

You can't ask Riot to do everything at once.

Darth Koopa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalcoVet101 View Post
Because those are definitely high priority compared to gameplay issues such as the dodge rework. Come on dude, get your head out of your ass.

Cuz1972

01-04-2012

Classick, maybe it's time to slow down on "new projects" and do a bit of house cleaning? I understand that new champs are great for Riot to get some money, but it's getting a tad farcical no?

Volverbot

01-04-2012

Quote:

This post is pretty much saying stealth is nowhere near completion. And is going to be a long time before it is finished.

If you dont mind me asking... What are you guys putting your resources into...

LegiticusMaximus

01-04-2012

The lack of a stealth remake is disappointing, but I'm more concerned about why evelyn's hair looks like the artichoke that god rejected.

Phaserhawk

01-04-2012

Quote:

"unfortunately priorities get in the way of these projects." like creating more champions instead of fixing and balancing. An old champ reworked and improved is new

Cuz1972

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinedToBe View Post
While I'd like to see some legendary skins remade, I think that actual game balance is a lot more important, and I'd like to see Mundo and Evelynn accepted and not considered black sheep before Magnificent TF gets a makeover.

You can't ask Riot to do everything at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1else37 View Post
Because those are definitely high priority compared to gameplay issues such as the dodge rework. Come on dude, get your head out of your ass.
The artists won't be doing the balance changes, so you really could ask for both.

D3Reap3R

Emissary of the League

01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaserhawk View Post
"unfortunately priorities get in the way of these projects." like creating more champions instead of fixing and balancing. An old champ reworked and improved is new
Designers are split in Live (Balancing) and overall design (champion creations), not to mention the other projects lurking in the dark. This system is far more complex than you make it sound

1234567 ... 8