This game has some long overdue "Quality of Life" changes needed

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 29
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xKillface

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2012

bump agree with all these changes they should have been implemented a long time ago....

Jazzz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2012

bump. Also, more customization options in custom games (starting gold, starting level, etc to try different scenarios without having to grind gold for 30 mins.)

Hemogoblin

01-02-2012

colorblind settings
store item search by name

Fedmahn

01-02-2012

bump

Zhandaly

01-02-2012

i honestly wish they'd make their own client and ditch this adobe air ****... it's still buggy as hell.

zominggar

01-02-2012

I only use one mastery page and remake it every game anyways according to my match up and such. Would do the same if it was possible to edit runes in the champ select. I would personally find the custom control saves for champions frustrating, as I play a lot of champions.

I don't see anything wrong here. Just my 2 cents

RiotVeonneth

Production Assistant

01-02-2012
1 of 13 Riot Posts

These are some great suggestions, and we've definitely talked about some of them, but unfortunately some take quite a bit of effort.

In regards to Mastery Pages up to 20, the issue here is actually server load implications. We're working to making it so that all Mastery Pages are stored on the server. This way, players who switch between multiple computers won't have to redo their mastery pages each time. With 10 mastery pages and hundreds of thousands of players playing simultaneously, you can imagine that there's a lot of server load involved. When we increase it to 20, we want to make sure that our servers can handle it. Even 10 is a stretch, because unlike rune pages, Mastery Pages are free. Very few players even have 10 rune pages, so the sever load from them isn't very high.

For Custom Recommended Items, we completely agree, but we're looking at more holistic solutions (like importing build orders for both items and skills, or saving guides/notes in a better way).

For "customize control saving," I don't think we've had any direct discussions about this one. I'll make sure we talk about it, but I don't think the value here is too extreme. A huge portion of our players never change their default keybindings, and those that are "hardcore" enough to do it on a per-champion basis also probably know how to edit their keybindings outside the game.

SupremeDeity

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotVeonneth View Post
These are some great suggestions, and we've definitely talked about some of them, but unfortunately some take quite a bit of effort.

In regards to Mastery Pages up to 20, the issue here is actually server load implications. We're working to making it so that all Mastery Pages are stored on the server. This way, players who switch between multiple computers won't have to redo their mastery pages each time. With 10 mastery pages and hundreds of thousands of players playing simultaneously, you can imagine that there's a lot of server load involved. When we increase it to 20, we want to make sure that our servers can handle it.

For Custom Recommended Items, we completely agree, but we're looking at more holistic solutions (like importing build orders for both items and skills, or saving guides/notes in a better way).

For "customize control saving," I don't think we've had any direct discussions about this one. I'll make sure we talk about it, but I don't think the value here is too extreme. A huge portion of our players never change their default keybindings, and those that are "hardcore" enough to do it on a per-champion basis also probably know how to edit their keybindings outside the game.
Bump+Quote for great justice

TacoBellAssassin

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post

1. Mastery Pages upped to 20. We have been recently given 20 Rune Pages, and your new masteries adding "more choice." It is becoming overly problematic with these improvements along with new champions to keep up all necessary pages. And having to remake pages every other game is obnoxious.
back in my day, we didnt even have mastery pages, and if you were feelin lazy..well..you just played shen with full ad masteries and the cried about it in /all

NessOnett

01-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotVeonneth View Post
I appreciate a red taking time for my thread, but I think your assessment of this situation is a little off.

I think the reason that people don't change their keybindings is tied to the things I listed. It's a hassle, it puts you behind, etc.

For me personally, I primarily don't use smartcasting. But there are certain cases like when I play Cassiopeia where I really would like to be able to smartcast without needing to rebind it. And despite my desire to learn Ryze as a champion, I can't bring myself to because of how "necessary" it is to smartcast with him.

Like you say, it may be less of an issue for the super-hardcore who already reset bindings. But it would make life easier for the masses of the game who want to play Ryze/Cass/etc.

12345612 ... 29