Jarvan IV's future queen: Shyvana.

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-28-2011

Demacia's detractors will be happy because now the nationstate will literally be run by draconians, and Demacia's supporters will be happy because now the nationstate is run by a dragon, and how awesome is that?

Very, that's how.

Vuther

12-28-2011

BRILLIANCE! Everyone wins!

Cidem1324

Web Content Assistant

12-29-2011

Hmmm, I don't know. Demacia is still very much a monarchy, so they'd probably want someone part of the royalty to be their future queen. Not only is Shyvana a commoner and a foreigner, she's not even fully human. So I feel Demacians would have a hard time accepting her as their queen.

The more likely choices for Jarvan's queen would either be Lux, or possibly Vayne.

Iridium248

12-29-2011

Uh...

I was always under the impression that Shyvana was his *daughter*, and that he met her mother when he was wandering in the wastelands.

Tristan Trades

12-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridium248 View Post
Uh...

I was always under the impression that Shyvana was his *daughter*, and that he met her mother when he was wandering in the wastelands.
Quoted for truth.

Shyvana is more like Jarvan's adopted daughter.

PlayGooYa

12-29-2011

Historically, marriages between royalty are politically motivated, so it wasn't particularly weird for kings to have concubines, or if you prefer courtesans. Sometimes these were well-paid and fairly respectable positions.

But you don't put these people in any position of real political power.

Samiam22

12-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cidem1324 View Post
Hmmm, I don't know. Demacia is still very much a monarchy, so they'd probably want someone part of the royalty to be their future queen. Not only is Shyvana a commoner and a foreigner, she's not even fully human. So I feel Demacians would have a hard time accepting her as their queen.

The more likely choices for Jarvan's queen would either be Lux, or possibly Vayne.
Most likely Lux, because she's related to Garen and he's the military top dog.

Jaykoboy

12-30-2011

Anyone BUT Lux, because she's looking for love outside of Demacia. Dur.

belthazor3457

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cidem1324 View Post

Yeah, I think in her original lore she was chased out of a Demacian village for being "Different".

To be fair though, Demacia has a congress-like sect to it's government also, so it's not entirely a monarchy, but yes, they'd have a problem accepting her as a legitimate queen... or as a Demacian at all.

See this is why I went with Noxus. A guy should be free to take a half-dragon as his wife if he feels like it. Ya should be free to shack up with whoever you want to. In Noxus, nobody cares. If someone doesn't like it, you can tell them to go screw themselves.

....so, plan B, go get hitched in Noxus? = )

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by belthazor3457 View Post
Yeah, I think in her original lore she was chased out of a Demacian village for being "Different".

To be fair though, Demacia has a congress-like sect to it's government also, so it's not entirely a monarchy, but yes, they'd have a problem accepting her as a legitimate queen... or as a Demacian at all.

See this is why I went with Noxus. A guy should be free to take a half-dragon as his wife if he feels like it. Ya should be free to shack up with whoever you want to. In Noxus, nobody cares. If someone doesn't like it, you can tell them to go screw themselves.

....so, plan B, go get hitched in Noxus? = )
I don't think that was in the original lore. The original had Jarvan kill her father on a hunt, but I don't recall her being anything but welcomed after that.

Regardless, that's not the lore anymore. Don't try to justify with noncanon, Noxian!

12345 ... 8