Best Solo Top

123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haunchbones

12-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyscolus View Post
You wrote too much, no paragraph... I ain't reading this.

^

Sora No Kishi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2011

Short and sweet.

On that list, Yorick.
Overall, I would go with GP or Atmogs/Triforce Nidalee.

GP is an extremely OP solo top right now considering his VERY spammable Q and that passive. First blood is almost assured with a good playstyle and a nice rune/mastery set.

Nidalee is the queen of top lane with a heal that boosts aspd, traps, increased MS in brush, and ranged auto attacks. With a 9/2x/x mastery tree and armor pen marks, armor or hp seals, cdr blues, and hp or armor pen quints, youre set. Not to mention the unstoppable burst with cougar. Only problem with Nid is you have to learn to play her rather than the easier to play GP.

Keeperofstars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2011

Eh mordes beat yoricks any day, but no one plays mordes, so yorick better choice.

But a yorick can't beat a morde cause every time you drop down a ghost you give a morde free shield, not to mention a morde has real AOE spam yoricks have one and it sucks their mana in a hurry.

Renekton loses to a ranged top, so have to be careful on that. If you go renekton you need to us your dash and slash to stun and harrass.

shriya is a waste at top, poor farming, weak counters to half the champions, lacks real damage without her skill shot hitting, and the only thing she has going is her ability to spam skills / run away fast, aka hard to gank her.

Riven super strong top, he counters any normal melee top.

But you want the most OP top in the game, NASUS, with rune and mastery setups the guy can start with 35% lifesteal at level 1. And since his siphon adds base damage to his base attack it adds to his lifesteal damage, aka it's not a magical attack so its an "auto" attack and gets lifesteal on it. This basically means any time he auto attacks he gains 35 hp at level 1. By level 6 or so I usually am getting around 50 hp per auto attack and up to 80 back per siphon, once you get sheen, it's impossible to harrass him with anything but your ranged AD carry, which means your lane swapping.
Or letting nasus farm which is always always always a bad idea.

iCoffee

12-27-2011

Yorick is the only solo top in the game that scares me, and his ult is gimmick/strong enough that he gets auto-banned in tournament play.

I lemonade I

12-27-2011

yorick for tournis
riven for solo que
renekton if they pick garen

Keeperofstars

12-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3RG3 View Post
Yorick is the only solo top in the game that scares me, and his ult is gimmick/strong enough that he gets auto-banned in tournament play.
It gets banned more so cause it allows their team 2 ranged AD carries if he is smart.

However in a normal day to day game, that never works out / well, so can't use it as a strong point.

so if your going to choose yorick you need to run with at least a few people commonly so they know that when they die they get to control the ghost. 99% of people forget this or don't notice it and are shopping for items instead of using the ghost.

if you constantly pub best to use yorick ult on the carry early on, and use it for doubled up damage, over using them in ghost mode.

Welcome2HookCity

12-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyscolus View Post
GP is one hell of a solid solo top.

You wrote too much, no paragraph... I ain't reading this.
rofl same

Welcome2HookCity

12-27-2011

i reckon rumble is a mean top solo and also garen is good too with the spam and OP damage with no cost either health and mana

Naristracrates

12-27-2011

Nasus.

Miryc

12-27-2011

RENEKTON. he is a monster early game. e in w q e out

123456 ... 11