here to you vegetarians

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The LORD saves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern Knight View Post
Also, Animals bred for food consume 90 percent of our soy crop, 80 percent of our corn crop, and 70 percent of our grain, all of which is farmed the same way as it is when people are going to eat them.
Go taste some feed grain and come back and report please.

Agamentium

12-26-2011

My brother is a vegetarian because he says it is healthier.
Mr sister used to be a vegetarian because of how animals are treated in farm factories.
Neither had anything against people eating animals.

Fern Knight

12-26-2011

In in effort to encourage a more mature/logical conversation in this thread, I request that everyone trying to argue the point do so logically, as opposed to just posting a link and expecting everyone to read it and agree with it. Referring to an authority is a logical fallacy, in that the authority you refer to can be wrong, and can lie, and can be biased: beefcentral seems like they want one side to win, don't they?

Therefore, please make points in your own words.

Fern Knight

12-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justaire View Post
Go taste some feed grain and come back and report please.
I'm not saying it's prepared the same way after having been grown, but that it comes from the same plants, which require the same treatment and resources to grow.

SkilledSpellz

12-26-2011

lol we vegetarians are stupid for thinking of other living things? wanting them not to feel pain?
so much stupidity in one person, one would think its not possible...

Fern Knight

12-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledSpellz View Post
lol we vegetarians are stupid for thinking of other living things? wanting them not to feel pain?
get a brain u piece of trash
While I am glad that someone else is on the side of veggies, please don't make ad-Hominem attacks(attempt to win an argument by verbal abuse).

Thank you.

SkilledSpellz

12-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern Knight View Post
While I am glad that someone else is on the side of veggies, please don't make ad-Hominem attacks(attempt to win an argument by verbal abuse).

Thank you.
yea sry, thats why i changed it and called him stupid instead
but seriously, if this guy is serious, what goes on in his head....

teamchuckles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2011

I don't know why I'm trying to reason with a bunch of idiots, but here it goes:

The numbers presented in any of these "facts" in this thread are completely skewed due to the outrageous amount of animals being "farmed". Animals eat the number of crops they do because we force-breed then force-feed them. If cows were not essentially grown on cow-farms purely for consumption, then those numbers would be a fraction of what they are now, and all that extra vegetable meal given to animals can be used to feed entire countries without denting our vegetable intake.

But like I said, I don't expect a bunch of idiots who cannot comprehend the idea of "correlation does not equal causation" to understand this, that's obviously an educated man's stance on any matter involving scientific reasoning.

IndigoSloth

12-26-2011

Well if you think about it if everyone was a vegetarian then all the animals we use for food would have no use and market forces would necessitate that the majority be disposed of. The best use for these corpses would probably be fertilizer for the crops. I imagine after that the price of food(vegetables) would drop drastically with all the influx of product that the cows were previously eating. This would of course drive some of the growers out of business as they simply can't produce enough food to remain economically viable. Then after a lot of turmoil prices and supplies would stabilize, the amount of raw vegetable matter for sale would be approximately the same as today, the beef and chicken would be replaced by a now booming soy industry, and there would be a lot of dead chickens and cows buried somewhere.

A little ambiguous how long or nasty the economic turmoil from the change in diet would be as it relies on the difficulty in replacing the meat industry with new soy industries as well as how the government handles the drastic drop in price of food.

Snuvy

12-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Secksey 177 View Post
I worked with a vegetarian once, we had a potluck dinner at work and i made vegetarian baked beans. He loved em and asked for the recipe. When I got to the part about the 2 pounds of ground hamburger and bacon strips he went pale and walked away.... He still wont talk to me.... You just never know with some people.
Awesome.

Vegans and vegetarians are insufferable.