Vote to kick

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fozen Ember

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
Let’s take Rippedface’s case as an example.
...You may ask "Why is this kind of reasoning important?" Because want to build automated systems to prevent troll and leaver.
This man restores my faith in RIOT.

Bloodpaly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2011

Quote:
Not only he should have a statistical advantage over the other team, but both teams should have the same probability of encounter a troll or leaver.
Assuming he is not the troll/leaver, the other team has 25% more potential trolls/leavers on it.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

12-13-2011
18 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodpaly View Post
Assuming he is not the troll/leaver, the other team has 25% more potential trolls/leavers on it.
I can't assume that now, Rippedface isn't exactly on the best terms with the Tribunal.
But assume he is not a troll, his team will get around 11% less potential for leaver/troll.

I eat n00bs

12-14-2011

how about rate a player after a game?
from 1-5?
than you have ELO and player ratings.. and make a game based on those 2?

and same for leavers, if some left 10 games, he dont derserve a team with 0 lefts...
so give somone who leave 10 games teammates who left 10 games

DeanKeaton259

12-14-2011

Quote:
I can't assume that now, Rippedface isn't exactly on the best terms with the Tribunal.
But assume he is not a troll, his team will get around 11% less potential for leaver/troll.
A better idea would be to allow the winning team to vote to forgive the loss of the team they just beat. This option would only be available if the game was a 4v5 from the start or a player was disconnected for a large portion of the game.

Personally, I believe there should be a time limit to reconnect to the game. After 10 minutes or so, players should be given a leave and should be barred from rejoining ranked games.

While this idea wouldn't stop all of the trolls, it would at least alleviate some of the auto loss 4v5 games. In these 4v5 cases, the winning team would have to vote unanimously to forgive the loss of the team with the leaver. A successful vote would allow the losing team to lose no Elo or maybe half the Elo they would have lost. Whichever Riot feels is more fair.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

12-24-2011
19 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanKeaton259 View Post
A better idea would be to allow the winning team to vote to forgive the loss of the team they just beat.
This is a better idea. I am just not sure how many winning team is willing or able to do this during ranked game. Riot need to calculate if it is worthy to implement this feature. If out of all forgive loss vote, the opposite team 99% of time could not reach the consensus of "forgive loss" vote (due to 1 or more opposite within the team), then this feature is pointless.

IS1429332aa9b633

12-24-2011

Quote:
This is a better idea. I am just not sure how many winning team is willing or able to do this during ranked game. Riot need to calculate if it is worthy to implement this feature. If out of all forgive loss vote, the opposite team 99% of time could not reach the consensus of "forgive loss" vote (due to 1 or more opposite within the team), then this feature is pointless.
It would be nice in "normal".
Or maybe the winning team can still win some points to compensate for the time played.

LiegeWaffles

12-24-2011

Quote:
Hmm? I thought it was Riot's policy to avoid Elo inflation as much as possible, which is also why you guys are reluctant to use "the button" too often.
Unless the "forgiven" Elo loss is subtracted from the leaver, such a successful vote would inflate Elo...

redmaw226

12-24-2011

Quote:
Let’s take Rippedface’s case as an example. Assume he is better than rest of his teammates, in essence, his elo has been underrepresented and there is a sampling bias. Not only he should have a statistical advantage over the other team, but both teams should have the same probability of encounter a troll or leaver.

So there could be few things that I could think of that would cause his consecutive defeat:

1) He is not better than rest of his teammates: which our entire above analysis would not hold. Most likely he is at where he should be, and his elo is getting adjusted every time to reflect his performance.

2) The other team is also experiencing troll(s), but it is not been revealed/discovered to his team. This is important to players, assume the other side got 2+ leavers/trolls, and then his team should be able to completely dominate the other side. Assume troll is everywhere and non-deterministic, then even by pure random chance the other side should get a leaver/troll after many games. If the other team got the troll and still manages to defeat his team, then the other team is overpowered and we have a match making problem.

3) He is the troll of his team. Then it is not a problem of match making but the problem of “leaver/troll” prevention.

4) He is not telling the truth. If it is not consecutive defeat of X times, and there are actually victories in between those battles. Then it is not a problem of match making or “leaver/troll”. It has to do with his character.

There are few other cases I could think of, but I don’t have time to type it out. This reasoning can be applied to Zinwrath's case. The match making, troll prevention and many others belongs to different problems, Riot understand when a player encounters a troll and/or leaver it affect negatively on the player and the team. So we are working very hard addressing these issues. You may ask "Why is this kind of reasoning important?" Because want to build automated systems to prevent troll and leaver.
I also feel that the matchmaking system doesn't work that well and hope riot makes a new one, although to be honest I haven't been able to come up with a better system (it's not my job either though ). Also just because a player might be better than the other 9 players in the match that doesn't always equate to their team having a real advantage because LoL is a team game and, it's not always possible for one team member playing a specific role to make up for other team member(s) incompetence in their roles by being more skilled.

Hardcore Pwn

12-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
Kicking people in queue?

There are tons of ways that could be abused. I probably would very rarely get to play jungling as Shyvana because I go smiteless...

Sure, trolls are a problem, but really there's not much you can do either way. Either don't have the kicking system and deal with a troll, or do have the kicking system and a group of trolls constantly kick you from games.
Thank you, that is exactly what would happen. People would queue in 4s and kick the 5th just for the kicks.