Seriously RIOT. Invest money in getting a new client.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nuts for MASH

12-21-2011

- Allow you to set options and keybinds out-of-game

I don't understand why I have to be in a game to mess with my video settings or key bindings...

sarogar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

bump

Budclaw

12-21-2011

Agreed.

I think you're the first person to complain about the client in a LOONG time.

Everyone just stopped caring, decided Riot wasn't going to fix it xD

It really does have WAY too many problems. And it's infuriating to say the least.
Custom game lobbies are laggy as hell.
Store is sluggish.
Chat is horrid.
NO LOG OFF BUTTON -_- really!!

P4ND4B1GD0NG

12-21-2011

ya it sucks when your in a ranked game and your team is winning by a large margin and then i get disconnected because pvp.net decided to crash and i come back in and we are losing because not just me two others disconnected as well and they pushed and then when we try to bring it back i cant even attack towers and then i disconnect two to three more times just for good measure.

i be mad bro........

Prisonal

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJFRESH View Post
NO LOG OFF BUTTON
This so hard.

Axxlon

12-23-2011

I've never had problems with the client until today. And I haven't even been playing for a full month. But just starting today, whenever I clicked 'play' at the Launcher screen and attempted to open the client, it would appear for half a second and then vanish. I decided to do a repair from the Launcher screen, and thankfully after waiting about a good solid hour for that to finish, clicking 'play' at the launcher screen will at least open the client and take me to the login screen.

...but after I input my login info, the client's screen is just black. It acts as if it's about to load, but it never does. Now I can't even friggin play and I don't know what the hell is going on or how to fix it... :\

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

12-24-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuts for MASH View Post
- Allow you to set options and keybinds out-of-game

I don't understand why I have to be in a game to mess with my video settings or key bindings...
We are currently working on this, but I can't give you an estimated time of arrival right now.

Dragonien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2011

I like how the riot post completely ignores everything about the thread except for one single specific little detail that ultimately isnt a response in any way to the original topic.

I would give Riot a lot of leeway with how bad the client is, if it wasnt for the fact that we've been telling them. SINCE THE BETA. the BE TA. as in. before the game was even launched. That the client is god awful. and theres been bugs with the client that have been around since the beta, and are still around today. If it wasnt for that, then id totally give them a lot of leeway cause it IS a pain in the ass to make a new client. but frankly Riot has no excuse anymore. theyve been riding on adobe air for too long and havent made even an attempt to show that theyre working on another client.

people ***** and moan and say "if you dont like it, leave" which is an incredibly stupid argument. maybe I WANT the game to get better? why doesnt anyone ever consider that? maybe i complain because i hope that riot will realize somethings wrong and fix it, and make it a better game. Id much rather complain and ***** till something gets fixed, than just leave and find something else. cause then that something else will have problems too and ill have to leave it, its a never-ending cycle.

Riot. youve had more than enough time to start working on a new client. it was ok 6 months after launch, you were still getting the hang of things. it was kinda ok a year after launch, cause you were try9ing to figure out how seasons would work. but its been over 2 years now. theres no more excuses. we need a new client. Like. Now. So if you have too, pull those guys that do the coding for all the new champions to do the coding for the client. Pull the guys that do artwork for the characters, and have them work on the Visual UI, pull those guys that do the sounds and audio for new characters and have them work on whatever bells and whistles (Literally) you want the client to have.

People say that the guys that make new champions cant do anything else, which is a blatant lie. The only people that help make new champions that might not have something direct to contribute to other aspects of the game are maybe The guys that actually come up with character concepts. and frankly noone wants their help, they just steal ideas from other places.

(See Orianna: google Clockwork Girl for visual, and listen to voice from Glados in portal 2 for Orianna voice)

So theres plenty of places that you can get people to work on this ****. and frankly id much rather go a month or two without a new god **** hero every week, if it gets me a client that works properly.

Im sick of having to close the whole program to log out.

Im sick of it crashing for no reason

Im sick of the store not working 50% of the time

Im sick of randomly opening my rune page and being unable to set runes

Im sick of having a monster computer and warcraft 3's menues are more responsive and quick to navigate than League of Legends.

im Tired OF my masteries not saving

Im sick of having a que pop and click Join game, and instead if makes the screen go black and i have to sit there for 3 minutes waiting for it to disconnect me, or CLOSE THE WHOLE CLIENT, and get a leave.

Im sick of at least once a day getting disconnected from chat.

and im sick of game lobbies not launching right half the time, not showing everyone in them or randomly dropping people for no reason.

ITS TIME TO CHANGE

Also attachment is Relevant.

Axxlon

12-24-2011

I don't understand why the hell the above post recieved 5 downvotes. He makes VERY valid points. :\

BlackFlameOmega

12-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonien View Post
Blah Blah Blah
I like how in your attachment you're going 21/0/9, running ignite/flash, and and using Corki runes on Alistar. Completely adds to the credibility of your post. When was it that the banned champions showed up in that part of the screen?

It is possible that this happened though. There used to be a bug where you could random banned champions. That was fixed.

So I suppose the picture is relevant. It shows that when there is a problem, Riot fixes it.