Really, Riot Games?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soft Cow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonic View Post
They probably used Ctrl+F Tribunal, since it comes up 19 times in your original post, including 5 times in your paragraph arguing that this isn't Tribunal related, and then again in every full quote you posted.
i lol'd

Vormulac Unsleep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonic View Post
They probably used Ctrl+F Tribunal, since it comes up 19 times in your original post, including 5 times in your paragraph arguing that this isn't Tribunal related, and then again in every full quote you posted.
It's communication related, smart-ass, and you know it. The communications in question just happen to be about Tribunal. Again, trolling or fanboy. It doesn't matter. It'll keep being posted in GD as long as it doesn't get a response.

From now until the servers go offline, if I have to. Sick of this bull****.

Master Grok

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormulac Unsleep View Post
It's communication related, smart-ass, and you know it. The communications in question just happen to be about Tribunal. Again, trolling or fanboy. It doesn't matter. It'll keep being posted in GD as long as it doesn't get a response.

From now until the servers go offline, if I have to. Sick of this bull****.
How many times have I seen such a statement. Good luck. If you keep spamming the board, they will ban your account and eventually your IP. Sure you can get around that, but the mods can delete your message and ban an IP a lot faster than you can find one. It is a losing battle. If you are really this dissatisfied you should vote with your wallet.

Unfortunately, you care up against a lot of mature gamers like me who would rather have a stricter tribunal with the hope of dealing with less **** in games. As soon as me or anyone I know gets so much as a warning, I may have more sympathy, but in years that hasn't happened.

Anonic

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormulac Unsleep View Post
The communications in question just happen to be about Tribunal.
Hmmm... You've argued your point well. I no longer see how Riot could misconstrue any of this as Tribunal related.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

12-21-2011
1 of 8 Riot Posts

I have read and considered your position - but I just disagree.

Ultimately we've intentionally decided to be vague about suspension reasons because we expect that people need to be able to use some judgment and adapt to various social situations to be productive members of the community. If you can't shape your judgment and behavior with the information that we've provided then I have no reason to believe you're going to be able to respond well in the infinite types of social situations that can occur during your League of Legends experience.

Providing a detailed list of what's acceptable and not acceptable will change your judgment. We've found that even when providing people with a detailed list of insight that was used to make a decision - in every single instance they simply tried to argue or disagree with the evidence, or justify their behavior. If someone actually said, "Ah, so that's what I did wrong, I can see how that could be upsetting to people", then actually change - perhaps my opinion would be different.

If you keep spamming your thread in multiple forums, and bumping it, you will likely lose your access to both the game and the forums.

Lord Ferret

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post

Ultimately we've intentionally decided to be vague about suspension reasons because we expect that people need to be able to use some judgment and adapt to various social situations to be productive members of the community. If you can't shape your judgment and behavior with the information that we've provided then I have no reason to believe you're going to be able to respond well in the infinite types of social situations that can occur during your League of Legends experience.

Providing a detailed list of what's acceptable and not acceptable will change your judgment. We've found that even when providing people with a detailed list of insight that was used to make a decision - in every single instance they simply tried to argue or disagree with the evidence, or justify their behavior. If someone actually said, "Ah, so that's what I did wrong, I can see how that could be upsetting to people", then actually change - perhaps my opinion would be different.

If you keep spamming your thread in multiple forums, and bumping it, you will likely lose your access to both the game and the forums.
Well said.

Baneson

12-21-2011

Buh-bye.

Soft Cow

12-21-2011

Quote:

What is he going to do now that he can't complain about not getting a response?

Vichar

12-21-2011

Quote:

I have come across one or two individuals in these forums that seem sincere about wanting to know what was incorrect in their behavior so they could correct it. Whether it was just a ploy to get a personalized response from Riot or if they really were sincere, I have no idea. Still, I wonder if Riot would consider making exceptions for people that really wanted to improve on a private basis.

Having read more and more responses on these forums, I am now inclined to agree with Riot--it's probably not worth their trouble. Transparency is great in a community full of mature adults--but mature adults probably wouldn't end up getting warnings and suspensions in the first place.

jerryisatorta

12-21-2011

Riot banned me for bumping this post.

No warning no nothing, banned.

Looks like you guys are losing touch with your player base who feel a concern about this.

and as someone who uses tribunal i see more and more player getting reported for no reason at all.