Definition of League of Legends Champion Skin Types

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HlCKOK45

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavri View Post
how did you 2011 buyers get screwed?

The skins are STILL RARE.

I've only seen one mistile tow Le Blanc and only three snowman hiemers.

No Toy gangplank or tree moakia. It's sad really, you guys crying like babies just since they MAY come back. just since they MAY come back doesn't mean they won't be rare. They'll still be some of the rarest and sadly best skins for most of those champions.
If you read my other posts in this thread you would understand. Go back and read it please. The 2010 treatment was given never again treatment for the same reason 2011 buyers bought their skins, yet 2011 skins aren't given the same treatment. THEY BELIEVED THEY WOULD NEVER BE RELEASED AGAIN. Instead Riot inserts ambiguous language for this years 2011 skins and misled many people This is evidenced by the fact there was a thread of many people who shared the same thoughts. The right thing would have been allowing these 2011 skins to never be released again and start this process next year.

DoctorMcPain

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougadoodle View Post
The right thing would have been allowing these 2011 skins to never be released again and start this process next year.
That's what a mature company would have done. But now that we bought the skins Riot can flip us off. They won't answer this thread, my other thread, the Vlad skin thread, the Ashe skin thread with 90+ pages, the Nidalee thread with 200+ pages, etc.

I've never been treated so superficially by anyone. Giving the silent treatment to people who give you money is just ridiculous.

Not one cent from me in 2012 unless Riot shows some balls and starts talking with their customers. I want to know why they changed the audio on my ****ing Vlad legendary. I want to know, and I'm willing to give up on all the next year's content if Riot doesn't give me an explanation.

I don't care about the skin. Honestly I couldn't care less about a quote being removed. What I care about is that I bought **** from Riot and they're ignoring me and other customers whenever we ask for something. This is extremely irritating, I don't understand how can Riot act like this.

Do you really expect us idiots to buy all the new champ bundles and forget about all of this? Really? No money from me in 2012.

Blopple

12-20-2011

Pretty dissapointed in the decision, but thanks for clarifying all the same.

Looks like I won't be buying the christmas skins.

CHAOTlC

12-20-2011

Thanks for making a decision, but i wish the snowdown skins were limited

HlCKOK45

12-20-2011

Riot doesn't care because they have plenty of present and future customers. Only some current/loyal supporters which are expendable.

Saber Nero

12-20-2011

No.. Silent Night.. Sona..?
Riot..
My heart..
It..
It can't take it..

Vinnie

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorMcPain View Post
That's what a mature company would have done. But now that we bought the skins Riot can flip us off. They won't answer this thread, my other thread, the Vlad skin thread, the Ashe skin thread with 90+ pages, the Nidalee thread with 200+ pages, etc.
Why would they do that? The way they did it they have 2 years of christmas and 2 years of halloween skins that are limited.

This years skins were advertised as legacy skins, and they explained in november what the legacy skin project is, on top of that they already said you can get a refund by asking support. I don't know how you see this as flipping you off, drama queen.

DoctorMcPain

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Why would they do that? The way they did it they have 2 years of christmas and 2 years of halloween skins that are limited.

This years skins were advertised as legacy skins, and they explained in november when the legacy skin project is, on top of that they already said you can get a refund by asking support. I don't know how you see this as flipping you off, drama queen.
They were advertised as limited, then they changed it. Brown-noser.

Riot Ambassador

Riot Games Ambassador

12-20-2011
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
This is to be expected, of course, but the concern right now has to do with Riot's "one refund only" policy. Will the Snowdown Showdown skins count in relation to this, or will they be treated as a separate issue?

I'd wager that most of us (at least, those of us taking the time to read Red posts on the matter) would be pretty alright with this change if we could get a refund without it counting towards the "once only" policy.
If you contact Player Support by the end of the month to request a refund on the Snowdown 2011 skins because you are disappointed that they are not Limited Skins then they will not count as a "one time refund".

Quote:
Originally Posted by consu View Post
Does this mean that, for example, the Toy Soldier Gangplank skin which I bought may come back later with a lower price like the legacy skins? Or they will maintain their RP price? So far I bought skins only on sale with the exception of this one because, as most people, I considered them to be limited edition. Does this mean that in the future I will be able to purchase them with a 50% discount under a legacy skin comeback?
Since there are not any current plans to release Legacy Skins in the future, I can't comment on what they would be priced as if re-released. However, there is no reason to think that they would cost more or less than they already do today. There is no set price that Legacy Skins will be sold at.

Quote:

I've never been treated so superficially by anyone. Giving the silent treatment to people who give you money is just ridiculous.

I can see why you would be frustrated. Again, I would just want to re-iterate that if you feel unsatisfied with your Snowdown 2011 purchase in light of this news you are free to contact Player Support and they would be happy to assist you.

RoreBAWW
Riot Ambassador

Vinnie

12-20-2011

Quote:
They were advertised as limited, then they changed it. Brown-noser.
The only announcement I saw was when they said to get them before they become legacy skins, and again if you feel so upset why not just get your refund? I still don't see why your freaking out so much over this when they said you can get all of your money back.