Definition of League of Legends Champion Skin Types

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XVIII The Moon

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougadoodle View Post
They didnt stick to their guns because they screwed us 2011 winter skin buyers but yeah Riot sold out.
how did you 2011 buyers get screwed?

The skins are STILL RARE.

I've only seen one mistile tow Le Blanc and only three snowman hiemers.

No Toy gangplank or tree moakia. It's sad really, you guys crying like babies just since they MAY come back. just since they MAY come back doesn't mean they won't be rare. They'll still be some of the rarest and sadly best skins for most of those champions.

DoctorMcPain

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavri View Post
how did you 2011 buyers get screwed?

The skins are STILL RARE.

I've only seen one mistile tow Le Blanc and only three snowman hiemers.

No Toy gangplank or tree moakia. It's sad really, you guys crying like babies just since they MAY come back. just since they MAY come back doesn't mean they won't be rare. They'll still be some of the rarest and sadly best skins for most of those champions.
Are you thick? It said limited, I want limited. How is that so hard to understand?!

I don't understand why Riot feels the need to cheat money out of people, I would have probably bought the skins anyway. I just feel like I've been fooled. And this type of miscommunication is happening so frequently it's hard for me to believe it's not deliberate. Especially since they don't even offer to patch up their major ****ups, preferring to stay silent and ignore all those customers who've been screwed over. I was so pissed off when they changed the voice acting for my Vlad skin, I've been asking for an explanation for months and I've been ignored for months. Noone treats a customer like this. Noone.

Thanks Riot.

TwoFatNuts

Adjudicator

12-20-2011

I actually want to thank Riot for sticking to what they've said in the past and keeping the 'limited' skins limited. I don't think for a second this isn't another way to make money for the company (re-released holiday skins from past years = another influx of rp) but to be honest for a free game its still not that bad.

I made a pretty loud ruckus on another thread making a case for leaving the past skins in the past (no hard feelings, right?). I actually bought Snow-Dinger and was considering asking for a refund but I believe Riot is handling this in the best way possible (for both parties that is) and will be keeping my skin, knowing it will probably be re-released again next year.

Thank you sincerely Riot! You have (somewhat) restored my faith!

(If it wasn't for that sneaky 'Project Shiny announcement earlier today and the "ignore it and it might go away" approach to Magma Chamber I'd be 100% satisfied with the company)

seandkiller

12-20-2011

I'm a bit disappointed, tbh. I bought Masquerade Evelynn assuming that it would never be available again, which when you announced the legacy skins back in november made me believe that they would be limited.

For the most part, the value of that skin was that it wouldn't be available.

Josh de Tonreau

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Ambassador View Post
The Legacy category was designed to be clear about the future of these skins. Many players have asked for past Holiday skins to come back to the store. However, when they were released we announced that they were only available for a limited amount of time. We will not release these old skins because players bought them with the understanding that they will not be appear again.

However, moving forward all new Holiday skins will fit in the Legacy category. This means that they may indeed appear in the store again in the future for purchase.

Limited Edition skins will not be turned into Legacy Skins. When they were released in the store we made it clear that they would not be available again in the future. Our player's have made it clear that this is important to them and helps those skins feel special.

All Legacy Skins will be labeled from the start as such. Keep in mind, this means the current Snowdown Holiday skins are considered Legacy skins and may appear in the store again in the future.

RoreBAWW
Riot Ambassador
So this years skins aren't sposed to feel special. Ok. Imo if u don't bring back them all then don't do it at all. It's great money to riot if they do, I'd do anything to go back to when I joined to get kitty Kat. I was just unlucky that I joined at that time and not knowing rp and skins. But from a money making standpoint, I'd give it a go. And from customer satisfaction it's a go too. And the sale could be for an hour or 1 day only or something. Just to throw out ideas

DoctorMcPain

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoFatNuts View Post
I believe Riot is handling this in the best way possible (for both parties that is)
I only think this adds up to all the other failures with other skins e.g. Ashe / Vlad skins being changed without notice nor explanations, various terrible legendary skins not worth the title yet still sold at 1820 RP for absolutely no reason, which misleads customers day after day, no model reworks on older champions, Eve gathering dust for more than 6 months...

I dunno man, I feel like my money's been going to waste so far.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1623249
If you care read, Riot. Thanks.

I've been supporting the game for more than one year, every single month. This will be my last RP buy. I hope you'll make enough money in 2012 cheating new customers into buying flawed products.

slifty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

Suddenly my interest in these Christmas skins are drastically drastically decreased... *keeps his money*

(Part of why people want the old ones is because they are a scarce resource)

Not Alan

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by seandkiller View Post
I'm a bit disappointed, tbh. I bought Masquerade Evelynn assuming that it would never be available again, which when you announced the legacy skins back in november made me believe that they would be limited.

For the most part, the value of that skin was that it wouldn't be available.
Um, when they announced the legacy project in November, they stated that the skins might come back. There was no confusion there at all.

The confusion specifically concerns the 2011 Christmas skins, because they were announced as limited in one place but described as "legacy" in another.

consu

12-20-2011

Does this mean that, for example, the Toy Soldier Gangplank skin which I bought may come back later with a lower price like the legacy skins? Or they will maintain their RP price? So far I bought skins only on sale with the exception of this one because, as most people, I considered them to be limited edition. Does this mean that in the future I will be able to purchase them with a 50% discount under a legacy skin comeback?

Zepy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

ok