Definition of League of Legends Champion Skin Types

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CleverUserName

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-20-2011

now noones getting my curling veigar >: D


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HlCKOK45

Senior Member

12-20-2011

I am greatly disappointed in this. I would be ok with this had you made the current 2011 Holiday skins limited (never to be released again) like the 2010 ones. Because it caused massive confusion with those who already had purchased these skins with the understanding that they would be given the same treatment as the 2010 ones. Very disappointed you took this route instead of making equitable considerations to those who bought this years Holiday skins.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wiindwalker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

12-20-2011

once again, riot screwing the new players =)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HlCKOK45

Senior Member

12-20-2011

I find it somewhat confusing that you say you don't make 2010 winter skins limited because people bought those with the understanding that they would never be released again. However that is EXACTLY what happened with this years 2011 skins. There mere fact that you had a post in the general forums with TONS of replies and people upset over this should speak volumes to you guys that many of us purchased the 2011 winter skins with the understanding that they would be 1 time release only. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1605152&highlight=2011+holiday+sk ins People were greatly confused regarding the 2011 winter skins and most equitable thing you could have done is made these 2011 skins one time release only to satisfy those who came in with the same understanding as the 2010 buyers. I've lost a great deal of respect for Riot today.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lunima

Junior Member

12-20-2011

are you serious


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Ambassador

Riot Games Ambassador

12-20-2011
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltusfive View Post
What skin does Huntress sivir fall under?

HMMM?
The Huntress Sivir Skin is not a Limited Edition skin. But it is still currently only available through the Gamer's Choice Pack in the Riot Store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyOnslaught View Post
Ok so you're going to refund my new holiday skin then without a problem if I contact support?

None of this "one time refund" stuff will apply either - this is totally not the customers fault what so ever.

I thought the holiday skins this year were a one time deal only. this was not communicated well at all.
We understand that there may have been confusion over the messaging of Snowdown 2011. If you feel that in light of this announcement you believe that the Snowdown2011 skins you bought are no longer worthwhile then you should direct your concerns directly with Player Support: http://support.leagueoflegends.com

RoreBAWW
Riot Ambassador


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HlCKOK45

Senior Member

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Ambassador View Post
The Huntress Sivir Skin is not a Limited Edition skin. But it is still currently only available through the Gamer's Choice Pack in the Riot Store.



We understand that there may have been confusion over the messaging of Snowdown 2011. If you feel that in light of this announcement you believe that the Snowdown2011 skins you bought are no longer worthwhile then you should direct your concerns directly with Player Support: http://support.leagueoflegends.com


RoreBAWW
Riot Ambassador
Confusion? There was far more then just confusion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rauron

Senior Member

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Ambassador View Post
If you feel that in light of this announcement you believe that the Snowdown2011 skins you bought are no longer worthwhile then you should direct your concerns directly with Player Support: http://support.leagueoflegends.com
This is to be expected, of course, but the concern right now has to do with Riot's "one refund only" policy. Will the Snowdown Showdown skins count in relation to this, or will they be treated as a separate issue?

I'd wager that most of us (at least, those of us taking the time to read Red posts on the matter) would be pretty alright with this change if we could get a refund without it counting towards the "once only" policy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

12-20-2011

So there will no longer be Limited Edition skins outside of events like PAX? I'm still confused.

Why would you guys change how it's been done? I mean... it is kind of a slap in the face to all the people who bought them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ko Hakoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-20-2011

I'm glad you stuck to your guns on the Limited skins. People paid for those skins because they werent coming back (I dont have any btw).

I'm cool with future skins being legacy as long as the expectation is set before they are released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiindwalker View Post
once again, riot screwing the new players =)
Ha. This is hilarious because, as a long time player, I continually see how Riot caters to the new people and screws the long timers (with the exception of 6300 champs each patch). Interesting how perception works.