Definition of League of Legends Champion Skin Types

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Not Alan

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The LOL Bandit View Post
Is there a Reason why the holiday skins will not be legacy skin? I am curious, for several reasons.

1. Not to be greedy or selfish but I was hoping that I would own some holiday skins that only I and several others have.( I'm assuming they will make a return next year)

2. Will this same effect be on holiday and event skins to come?

3. Will legacy skins have a steeper price tag when they make a " return" and if so will they be tweaked with different animation/voice/splash art. Because I don't really wanna pay 975 for green mundo.

I appreciate any answers or feedback.
And I apologize for spelling, stupid phone keypads.

EDIT: 4. Is there a reason why predec2011 wont be making return?
If you read the thread, most of your questions are already answered.

According to the announcement, holiday skins from now on (including Dec 2011) will be released as legacy. That means they MAY come back again in the future. I expect this year's Christmas skins will return in 2012.

Holiday skins preceding December 2011 will not be returning as they were marketed as Limited Edition, where Riot had repeatedly stated that it meant they would not be returning. I'm glad to see that Riot has maintained its integrity by keeping their word on that matter.

As for your third question, if you don't want to buy the skin, don't. If it's contingent on them tweaking the skin upon a re-release, just wait for the re-release.

Zack Brownicus

12-20-2011

..I really..REALLY want snow bunny.

Riot Ambassador

Riot Games Ambassador

12-20-2011
4 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The LOL Bandit View Post
Is there a Reason why the holiday skins will not be legacy skin? I am curious, for several reasons.

1. Not to be greedy or selfish but I was hoping that I would own some holiday skins that only I and several others have.( I'm assuming they will make a return next year)

2. Will this same effect be on holiday and event skins to come?

3. Will legacy skins have a steeper price tag when they make a " return" and if so will they be tweaked with different animation/voice/splash art. Because I don't really wanna pay 975 for green mundo.

I appreciate any answers or feedback.
And I apologize for spelling, stupid phone keypads.

EDIT: 4. Is there a reason why predec2011 wont be making return?
1. The creation of the Legacy program was to address concerns by players who saw and wanted to purchase really awesome skins that are no longer available. The cool thing about Legacy skins is that they will still be rare. While some skins may re-appear in the store, this is not a guarantee. And even if they do re-appear in the store this does not mean they will re-appear in the store permanently. So while the opportunity window to buy the skins may come up again, it will still be small.

2. All future holiday skins (and the current Snowdown 2011 skins) will be legacy skins. This means they may re-appear in the future. Event skins will depend on the event they are released with. Any special conditions that apply to event skins will be revealed when the skin is announced.

3. We don't have any pricing announcements for Legacy skins, but we would never make you pay more for a skin then it's actually worth.

4. Skins released pre-December 2011 will not make a return because this is what we had previously told players when they were announced. Also, the Legacy program was just announced at the end of November, so past holiday skins did not apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrrationalNoob View Post
So where does Arctic caitlyn fit on this list?

Time to send another support ticket.
Arctic Caitlyn will still make it to the Riot Store. Her initial release was tied to a promo with PC Gamer. However, her Riot Store release date has not been announced yet.

RoreBAWW
Riot Ambassador

GyptIce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

Want god **** kitty kat katarina! >:0

Rauron

12-20-2011

Will we be able to receive refunds for Snowdown Showdown 2011 skins, given that there was a wide-spread and rather understandable assumption that said skins fell under the Limited Edition category?

Voltusfive

12-20-2011

What skin does Huntress sivir fall under?

HMMM?

Hunter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Ambassador View Post
we would never make you pay more for a skin then it's actually worth.
I'm going to have to ask you to rephrase that so it's not a lie.

The LOL Bandit

12-20-2011

Thank for the fast response. Cleare up most of my questions. Thanks.

Ted E Mosby

12-20-2011

Is Red Card Katarina a limited edition skin?

Akuhei

12-20-2011

Although I'm glad the limited skins I've purchased are still limited, kind of disappointed that future holiday/event skins will no longer be limited. Guess I don't have to worry about a skin never being available or limited anymore which in turn means that I'm no longer interested in purchasing them.