Definition of League of Legends Champion Skin Types

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BloodyBunny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

Thank you! Now give me mah kog'maw christmas skin.

The LOL Bandit

12-20-2011

Is there a Reason why the holiday skins will not be legacy skin? I am curious, for several reasons.

1. Not to be greedy or selfish but I was hoping that I would own some holiday skins that only I and several others have.( I'm assuming they will make a return next year)

2. Will this same effect be on holiday and event skins to come?

3. Will legacy skins have a steeper price tag when they make a " return" and if so will they be tweaked with different animation/voice/splash art. Because I don't really wanna pay 975 for green mundo.

I appreciate any answers or feedback.
And I apologize for spelling, stupid phone keypads.

EDIT: 4. Is there a reason why predec2011 wont be making return?

Admonished

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Riot saw that there was a huge demand for old skins, but realized they couldn't resell old ones without betraying their more veteran players. Seems like a good solution imo.
hence the Ka-Ching

Addicts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

why u guys didnt put this BEFORE you release the holiday skins? I bought all of them thinking they were going to be limited like all the holiday skins...

BungalowBill

12-20-2011

Quote:
Limited Edition skins will not be turned into Legacy Skins. When they were released in the store we made it clear that they would not be available again in the future. Our player's have made it clear that this is important to them and helps those skins feel special.

All Legacy Skins will be labeled from the start as such. Keep in mind, this means the current Snowdown Holiday skins are considered Legacy skins and may appear in the store again in the future.
Thanks, but that was not the answer I was looking for. This is because I asked the wrong question.
I meant the other way around, can legacy skins become limited edition? As in the Snowdown Showdown 2011 Skins, let's say you re-release them next year and say something like "This is the last chance to buy those skins, after this they will be considered limited edition and will never be available on the store again". Is that a possibility?

IrrationalNoob

12-20-2011

So where does Arctic caitlyn fit on this list?

Time to send another support ticket.

Vuliev

12-20-2011

Awesome, knew you guys wouldn't let limited skin owners down.

Vuliev

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrrationalNoob View Post
So where does Arctic caitlyn fit on this list?

Time to send another support ticket.
I think she's a promo skin, like Huntress Sivir/Goth Annie; of course, they forgot to define "promo skin." :P

IIRC, they did say that Arctic Cait would be released for sale, but they never really gave a time. :/

IrrationalNoob

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuliev View Post
I think she's a promo skin, like Huntress Sivir/Goth Annie; of course, they forgot to define "promo skin." :P

IIRC, they did say that Arctic Cait would be released for sale, but they never really gave a time. :/
I sent in a ticket before and got a soon after the promotion was over for a response.

Osvaldo

12-20-2011

Sweet, I like it.