Annie 3 1.43%
Lux 8 3.81%
Leblanc 6 2.86%
Xerath 5 2.38%
Brand 4 1.90%
Cassiopea 14 6.67%
Swain 3 1.43%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Who is the best mage pick for dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xGvPx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

Really depends on team build. Lux and Ezreal are great because of their utility but both are squishy, Ryze is great for his sustain and team fight damage, Kassadin is amazing because of his mobility. I voted for Lux because a well played Lux, with her stun, can be downright nasty.

Argodis

12-19-2011

Ryze. The guy is just plain broken.

Someone should just run dual bot lane with Ryze with double Wota.

The LORD saves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

Ryze and Cassiopia tie for me, Lux next.

Shaxtenn

12-19-2011

No Karma option.

Or Nunu option. But Nunu is terrible so that's ok.

Narcomancer

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xGvPx View Post
Really depends on team build. Lux and Ezreal are great because of their utility but both are squishy, Ryze is great for his sustain and team fight damage, Kassadin is amazing because of his mobility. I voted for Lux because a well played Lux, with her stun, can be downright nasty.
I voted for lux too, but lux has no stun. She has a root (or snare), and a slow. She also has amazing range and cd on her ult. Though she may be squishy, its so easy for her to get away or kite its rediculous. IMO she is THE most underrated champ in dominion right now.

Narcomancer

12-20-2011

I wish malz were up in here, he would be getting a decent amount of votes.

RealWolf M

12-20-2011

Ryze + Kass, entirely different goals.

Lol at malz getting a decent amount of votes. You are so wrong, it is clear that Ryze is far higher than anyone else, and the only questionable one that isn't high is kassadin, and he has the complete opposite role to Ryze

Kalarepa

12-20-2011

Ryze and Kassadin. Although Ryze is easier to play, so he facerolls more often.

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

12-20-2011

Picked vladimir i've been reasonably succesful with him against everything that thinks that glass cannon is the way to go. Especially the autoattackers have a REAL hard time vs vlad.

pool+zonya's = 4 seconds of untargetable, and with proper positioning can give you at least 3 spell rotations. Enough to kill any assassin or 2.

Near endgame 600 ap, 4000hp 50 magic pen, 120 armor, 60-120 magic resist(depending on items). He's up there with ryze in terms of unkillable mage at that point.

Has a harder time vs multiple tanky dps, and is still plagued by his startup-time.

Narcomancer

12-20-2011

Why did I vote for Lux?

At level 3 with maxed cdr, her ult comes off of cooldown, what??? every 24 seconds?

Trap your opponent with light binding so they cant dodge. This automatically triggers her passive "Illuminate". Hit her with her ult while she is rooted which actually triggers her passive "illuminate" damage on top of ult damage, and refreshing the illuminate passive on the enemy for extra damage from a follow up autoattack if they arent dead yet.

You can set that all off while hiding safely in the fog of war defending a key turret. The abilities have ample reach. In which case the enemy also takes a turret hit, and there aint much left of their health after that if they live and they run for their life. Easy kills. She can 1v2 on a turret rather well too generally. If she goes down and you have any skill with her, at the very least the other two are both almost dead.

Learning to land her light binding is key.

Lucent singularity is crazy good. Its utility is wicked. It just got buffed with reduced cd btw. You can scout anywhere that you need to with almost complete safety, and if there is an enemy there, trigger it. Its an awesome farming tool coupled with her passive. Level this up first if you lane bot with her. By 4th level on it, you will clear minions without autoattack, before that, they are easily cleared with autoattack because of her passive. Varying on the build you choose, it can be quite easy to get farmed up, that is relative to how "farmed" you can get in dom. Certainly noticable.

And yes, I believe Lux is one of the best bots in the game, giving yorick, heimer, shyvanna, Karthas, Malzahar all a run for their money if not punking them. Oh, and sorry Ryze fans, she punks ryze flat out. Get flash for a prayer.

If she runs with group instead of bot, is she viable there? AOE damage, aoe slow, double snare, mulitiple person shield, low cdr long range aoe relatively high damage ult. Great range on all abilities.

Multiple builds are viable on lux.

Getting ganked? a double root, and an aoe slow, both with decent cd. You will get tagged chasing her, probably with the lightbinding ult combo spoken of already, and when you chase her, you and your teammates naturally fall into a nice line for her to land everything she has. It hurts to chase lux.

Damage? Oh, she does damage. you determine the appropriate level of damage verses utility that you want using her build to do so.

Also, as a support champ, her shield doesn't receive a global nerf the way other supports abilities do that heal.