Should we receive gold globally for neutralizations/captures?

Yes 17 65.38%
No 9 34.62%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

[Poll] Should we receive gold globally for neutralizations/captures?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

Simplifying decision making by just giving everyone global gold for capturing points doesn't really add anything interesting to the game, and the overall gain is so minimal that it may as well not be there.

Even though the amount of team gold is the same, you run into situations where players on your team end up being rewarded when all they've been doing is screwing around on the far side of the map and getting killed for no reason at all. How do you differentiate between someone who's actually contributing by stalling the enemy team in the jungle or at their bot point so you can get the cap, or someone who's just clueless and is just running around looking for kills?

Kuznets

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobocop View Post
How do you differentiate between someone who's actually contributing by stalling the enemy team in the jungle or at their bot point so you can get the cap, or someone who's just clueless and is just running around looking for kills?
The same clueless person can just stay near the point, do nothing and get the gold reward. What's the point of that? So nothing is changed in this direction.

There is still difference in gold for kills/assists and slaying minions. Still all those score rewards like "capture interrupt", "kill on point" etc. So you'll see who is doing better.

I'd say on the contrary now days people who play badly try to get gold/score from captures even if his teammate is dying near and someone else is already capping it. So those people will be the first who suffer from the global gold share.

UltrosTheOctopus

12-19-2011

Everyone getting gold on the team for every cap/neutralize is going to add up. This is generally a bad idea for rewarding actions you didn't participate in. Even if you're just standing around the point and getting the gold for it, you being there means you're not at another point or ganking bot. You already get global gold for capping quest points, which essentially acts as a "dragon".

Hyper carries that are generally weaker early game are going to be able to get their gear faster and dominate. Do you really want Vayne or Xin Zhao stomping all over you?

Riot reduced the global gold gain and rewarded farming minions more so games would last longer and hyper carries wouldn't be as problematic. Early game champs are already weak here and increasing the speed of the game will just screw them over.

Kuznets

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltrosTheOctopus View Post
Hyper carries that are generally weaker early game are going to be able to get their gear faster and dominate. Do you really want Vayne or Xin Zhao stomping all over you?
Words. Facts?
I've checked my 10 latest games as range carries. Here is the total number of captures+capture assists+neutralization+neutralization assits for all 10 games:
8; 13; 8; 7; 9; 11; 7; 10; 11; 7
It's not very high but it isn't low either. I guess it's comparable to other classes. So I don't understand why carries should get benefits from global gold share. It's more related to play style but not champion class. It's up to you to participate in all the captures or not. There are some exceptions like rammus but not so many.

The only one who really will benefit from the global gold share is a bot laner. That's the only one concern. But anyway, imho it's worth implementing.

JoeDuo

12-19-2011

Captures and neutralizes reward 100 gold if there's a champion nearby, and 50 extra gold for every extra champion split equally between all the champions.

First problem:
Every time your team caps a point, it allows the enemy to cap it back.
Thus capping a point gives a delayed reward to the enemy team.

Gold rewards for point captures and neutralize are effectively pointless as they should end up balancing up anyway.

Second problem:
If you cap a point solo while the enemy team caps it back in group, you're actually giving the enemy team gold.
If you neutralize a point with minions then your opponent caps it back solo, you've given your opponent 100 gold.

Solution:
Give flat reward for point capture (global split if needed), or don't give gold reward for point captures at all.

Kuznets

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDuo View Post
First problem

Second problem:

Solution:
Give flat reward for point capture (global split if needed), or don't give gold reward for point captures at all.
You know, I totally agree with you. I guess RIOT implemented this gold reward for capturers with Prescilla so they can get gold for capture and avoid participating in team fights. But now the item is removed and this class is almost dead. But problems with group capturing points and waiting for rewards remain.

Those are both good solutions for this problem. And completely removing it and increasing global gold/sec for all is even better because gold reward if splitted is relatively small and can't be effectively used.

Can I edit my poll?)