Dominion takes skill but it drags the worst players into it

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CyrisAeon

12-18-2011

...and this is why I want Ranked so bad.

I strongly disagree with Riot's stance of "the game needs more time to mature before we do Ranked." The best way to get the game to mature is to let players start grinding on a Ranked ladder. It will let us min-max our strategies, more plainly expose imbalances in the game and allow the product to become better, faster.

GrignardTS

12-18-2011

Actually, this is why I don't want ranked.

I've played SR Ranked. I know what ELO I most likely stand in.

If Ranked comes out and my first 10 games includes:

1) More than 1 capping a point unopposed.
2) Chasing kills
3) Needless jungle fights

I will rage.

IDC how long it takes. Go watch videos people. There is strategy in dom.

FDru

12-18-2011

Necro'd thread

Anyway, it's ridiculous to complain about the quality of Dominion based on your first <100 games, which are going to be at a bad matchmaking elo. If, beyond that, you're still playing with terrible players... it's you.

JasmineChen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrisAeon View Post
The best way to get the game to mature is to let players start grinding on a Ranked ladder.
THIS. Every day it continues without ranked, Dominion slides further into oblivion. The time for talk is over.

GrignardTS

12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Anyway, it's ridiculous to complain about the quality of Dominion based on your first <100 games, which are going to be at a bad matchmaking elo. If, beyond that, you're still playing with terrible players... it's you.
I play with terrible players.

Its not me.

Asmonok

12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Necro'd thread

Pretty much spot on.

I havent played too many Dom games yet last night match making stuck me vs FDru twice. At first I thought "hey maybe Im better at this then I think I am" and then he raped my pantheon with nunu and I realised Im just a baddie.