Frequently Asked Questions or Mechanics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

toomad

10-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat n Serve View Post
Question:
If I have one infinity edge (crits do 250% instead of 200%) and +8% crit damage from runes... how does that stack? Is it (a) 258% crit damage? Or (b), the +8% taken after the 250%?

In the case of (a), new damage = damage x 2.58
In the case of (b), new damage = damage x 2.5 x 1.08

Which is it? Thanks!
I'm like 99% sure it's calculated additively. Using multipliers can be dangerous and lead to insane numbers.

example: 2.5 (infinity edge) x 1.1 (mastery) x 1.35 (runes) x 1.75 (tryndamere's passive at half strenght = 6.5 times normal damage. A little bit overkill right?

additive: 2.5+0.1+0.35+0.75 = 3.2 . A difference by a factor of 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Assimilator View Post
The problem for now with armour is that one item really reduces the effectiveness of armour.
Actually, armor doesn't get worse (or lose effectiveness) when you stack it ( I don't know of any DR nor softcaps nor hardcaps). The only "problem" is when you lack hp or MR which makes your high armor less useful.

Lollerman

10-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnB84 View Post
So let me see if I got this straight

Let's say I have 100 hp 0 armor. I buy 6 items that increases my armor by 100 each. That would be like adding 600 hp, effectively, right?

Now let's say I instead buy 5 items that increase my hp by 100 each and 1 item that increases armor by 100. That's 1200 ehp.

Given that, and considering the potency of both magical and physical damage in this game, is there really any incentive at all to increase armor or magic resist over hp?
HP items are generally expensive for what they give you, where as armour is cheap to come by. The example is a good one, but realistically speaking, the money you're spending in stacking HP is going to be more than the money you spend in armour stacking. I believe LoL's item prices are balanced around this too.

But yeah, pretty much, HP is good for both AP/physical, but you're not going to get HP when the opposing team leans one way or the other. Even if they're balanced, it's good to stack one and be hard counters for some of their champions for obvious reasons.

Narev

10-12-2009

Hellow all, i had two totally different questions.

1. How does ability power affect your skills and magics? Is there a guide on this or would anyone like to explain this to me?

2. How does sheen work? Does it trigger on all abilities, also on toggled abilities like frost arrow?

CnB84

10-12-2009

Regarding Blitzcrank's Manashield, does the mana loss take into account armor and magic resistance, or is it a raw conversion?

toomad

10-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narev View Post
Hellow all, i had two totally different questions.

1. How does ability power affect your skills and magics? Is there a guide on this or would anyone like to explain this to me?

2. How does sheen work? Does it trigger on all abilities, also on toggled abilities like frost arrow?
1. The tooltips display the increase which you get from ability power (AP).

Additionally, AP increases the damage against turrets (as almost all spells cannot target buildings)

2. Toggle abilities do not trigger sheen afaik. It increases your base damage by 100% for one attack. It has a cooldown so you can't have it active all the time with things like hatespike from Evelynn.

toomad

10-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnB84 View Post
Regarding Blitzcrank's Manashield, does the mana loss take into account armor and magic resistance, or is it a raw conversion?
I'm 99% sure: yes.

CnB84

10-14-2009

I don't think if Force of Nature's unique passive is working properly. At .35% Max Health regeneration, 1k should net 3.5 hp regeneration. At 2k, it should be 7. 3k, 10.5, and on top of that, Force of Nature's 8 hp/s regeneration. However, having over 2k hp, I only have 13 hp/s regeneration, when it should be over 15. What gives?

madMike2dCod

10-27-2009

Is poison damage classed as physical or magic damage?

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by madMike2dCod View Post
Is poison damage classed as physical or magic damage?
All magical afaik.

Hedgepig

10-28-2009

I've read that slows from various sources stack, but does Rylais scepter stack with spells that have slow effects already? I picked it up on Nunu towards the end of a game the other day, and didn't notice a significant difference in slow amount. I could just be unobservant, or there might have been confounding variables (champions with ghost on etc).

I guess a way to confirm this would be to try it on Zilean (65% slow) and see if they stop dead for a short while, but I'm at work, and its only one data point.