An Explanation of Ranked Team Ratings

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daybreak

Member

12-16-2011

i want to see these hidden ratings


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Selfishbu

Junior Member

12-16-2011

How is draft order for Ranked Teams determined?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rjcombo

Lead Designer

12-16-2011
31 of 34 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaku View Post
So, can I still play arranged 5v5 without being on a team?
The old Arranged 5v5 and Arranged 3v3 queues are no longer available. They were replaced by the Ranked Team queues.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rjcombo

Lead Designer

12-16-2011
32 of 34 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyslxeia View Post
Out of curiosity, how does queue dodging affect the seeding phase or the team rating in general? Thanks.
The team suffers a rating penalty for queue dodging.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rjcombo

Lead Designer

12-16-2011
33 of 34 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
The one ligitimate complaint I am seeing, is that people like HaoZ and EvilLust who make the same team 5 times over and then dominate the top 25 list. I think that there should be some kind of amendment made to the process so that the same players can't hog up all the top spots.
Some of the changes we're working on are intended to address this issue.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rjcombo

Lead Designer

12-16-2011
34 of 34 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman Reborn View Post
Sadly, I think you misunderstood his question, and since I want to know as well, i'll try to ask it correctly.

You say when A team is formed elo's decided bases on the individual ranked stats. So what happens when I have a full team but only 3 of us play 3v3 ranked. Now what If a member of my team who doesn't play ranked 3's decides to form a new ranked team. Will the individual ranked scoring of that member be beefed up because of the elo rise on my team or is his personal ranked score unaffected by it?

Important question, pls awnser carefully, thank you
Sorry for the misunderstanding. Your personal rating is only affected by the ranked team games you specifically participate in.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zarox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

12-16-2011

Are we going to see the Ranked 5v5 / 3v3 elo from pre-season replaced with our highest elo team?

EDIT: because anyone's pre-season elo that was over 1400 is slowly decaying and everyone's profile will end up showing 1400.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DEAXSA

Senior Member

12-16-2011

wait... so i can queue dodge to a super low elo in solo, then get paired with horrible teams in team ranked? that hardly seems fair.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SURROUNDSOUND

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarox View Post
Are we going to see the Ranked 5v5 / 3v3 elo from pre-season replaced with our highest elo team?

EDIT: because anyone's pre-season elo that was over 1400 is slowly decaying and everyone's profile will end up showing 1400.
Would like an answer =D


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moon Sekirei

Senior Member

12-16-2011

What is stopping a team of high rated players (for argument sake lets say their defoult rating is 1400) going 0-5 and being around 200 elo down, from all leaving the team, than remaking the team with
the exactly same members and same team name and reseting their elo back to 1400?

There should be a way to prevent that from happening.

All teams should start at same rating, who cares if some get stomped....in solo q, The top of the ladder players all started at same elo as everyone and stomped all day.