Winter map causing eye problems.

First Riot Post
123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BDYourGirlsNexus

12-15-2011

Its impartial either way, there are some people aside from me who legitimately can't play on this map at all. Its either a festive map or people unable to play at all, and I feel that I have as much right as anyone to play lol. I've purchased a fair amount of RP, I play on a regular basis, I've referred people. I enjoy playing, but I literally cannot play normal games because there's a chance that I will run into the winter map.

Icefilms

12-15-2011

Wow what a bunch of pansies. Do you wear sunglasses when there's snow outside?

CrayonPop ChoA

12-15-2011

If I have to reply every thread about the maps high-eye-hurting I will.
Riot I dunno but even in the lowest brightness of my monitor can get it still give pains and tears to my eyes afterwards.

Lighstagazi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2011

People are missing the point. This isn't "this is too bright, please remove it." This is "this is too bright, please tone it down."

It's bright enough I checked my monitor settings. I have no physical stake in this, but I agree with it enough to put it in developer feedback. Next time you do this map, tone it down a bit please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefilms View Post
Wow what a bunch of pansies. Do you wear sunglasses when there's snow outside?
Snow reflection can cause eye strain, cornea burn, or even sunburn. I'm pretty sure olympian skiers have already proven themselves not to be "pansies", and they still wear tinted goggles to protect from the brightness.

Anyone joking about sunglasses with snow clearly hasn't lived in a non-urban area with snow. Try living in a rural area with snow. It's like the sun is shining at you FROM EVERY DIRECTION. Even glass buildings only reflect the light at right angles, the snow reflects it everywhere.

Dragon Striker9

12-15-2011

Ok Riot just made the snow too bright. That's all there is too it. They can just dull the white with some gray and it'll be less bright. Case closed.

Vacus

12-15-2011

No offense, but there is no ****ing way I'm changing my monitor's brightness settings to play one map that I'm not guaranteed to even get when I queue up for a LoL game. That is fundamentally a stupid solution.

Dragon Striker9

12-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacus View Post
No offense, but there is no ****ing way I'm changing my monitor's brightness settings to play one map that I'm not guaranteed to even get when I queue up for a LoL game. That is fundamentally a stupid solution.
OMG stop complaining please. Just change the settings when you are in the actual game. Really, It's soooooo hard to change the settings. WOW! It's so hard, so I'm gonna type about how bad and painful it is.

DiDude

12-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacus View Post
You can literally set a button on your keyboard to adjust the brightness... if it isnt already preset.

Dragon Striker9

12-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiDude View Post
You can literally set a button on your keyboard to adjust the brightness... if it isnt already preset.
I know and people are soooo lazy these days.

GaiaMike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Striker9 View Post
OMG stop complaining please. Just change the settings when you are in the actual game. Really, It's soooooo hard to change the settings. WOW! It's so hard, so I'm gonna type about how bad and painful it is.
people have been saying that they have -already- changed the settings minus the one guy saying "no offense, but lm not changing my settings"

123456 ... 8