@Morello, Where are the real morde buffs?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

12-14-2011
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Just because we didn't do the exact change suggested, I don't think that means "buffs didn't do anything."

This is a decent buff to his laning, and it was never our intention to revive old Mordekaiser. We reverted one of the nerfs, and then went to a mid point on the shield. The damage on E is not insignificant here, especially for his own harass.

Does this make Morde perfect? Maybe, maybe not. I'm not convinced he needs more after one day of looking at it, and while that could be the case, this seems to be an expectations issue informing this thread.

TehJonno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2011

I haven't laned against a Morde yet, but I've been in several games where he's been on the other team... That shield, just like before he was nerfed.... Makes Cait mad

Master Shake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Just because we didn't do the exact change suggested, I don't think that means "buffs didn't do anything."

This is a decent buff to his laning, and it was never our intention to revive old Mordekaiser. We reverted one of the nerfs, and then went to a mid point on the shield. The damage on E is not insignificant here, especially for his own harass.

Does this make Morde perfect? Maybe, maybe not. I'm not convinced he needs more after one day of looking at it, and while that could be the case, this seems to be an expectations issue informing this thread.
I actually like this approach, this was certainly a buff and you know what, its going to make me play mordekaiser again. If after a few games I'm noticing he is lacking I may stop and that will probably be what most people do as well.

Take it slow, because the only thing worse than getting a small buff, is getting a buff so large as to make you becoming flavor of the month and then getting another substantial nerf.

Jaysky0

12-14-2011

The changes are OK but I was really expecting a change to the costs of his skills by like maybe 5 health. Less masochistic.

Virtualx

12-14-2011

hum

randomfightfan

12-14-2011

Quote:

I think you guys did good, he seems balanced again to me...

Demerol

Recruiter

12-14-2011

@Morello, played a custom morde game just to feel the changes with a friend who is a great ad carry. The changes helped very much and were almost exactly what he needed. dont listen to these tools, they just want Opkeiser back, which should never-ever happen.

Also to anyone playing him, Get the spell vamp runes, and trololol with your 0 cost abilities at level 1.

Kite911

12-14-2011

Quote:

its not an expectation issue, i didn't really think he would get full nerfs reverted or anything

but i tested his shield gain after this buff, its nice, but it still won't help him.

he is just too squishy, which makes him extremely reliant on his shield, especially in laning. hitting minions only barely grants shield, so unless the enemy laner is sitting in his minion wave mordekaiser won't gain much shield.

and do not forget, morde must spam his skills on the minions/enemy champ to gain this shield that he is so reliant on to survive, but that in turn pushes the lane really hard, leaving him open for ganks.

he needs more shield gain from minions in my opinion, he is too reliant on having to hit champions.

especially since the nerf to his E gaining bonus shield for each unit hit.

my ideas: revert the bonus shield nerf for each unit on his E OR give him at least 75%(up from 50%) shield gain from minions.

rekrn

12-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demerol View Post
@Morello, played a custom morde game just to feel the changes with a friend who is a great ad carry. The changes helped very much and were almost exactly what he needed. dont listen to these tools, they just want Opkeiser back, which should never-ever happen.

Also to anyone playing him, Get the spell vamp runes, and trololol with your 0 cost abilities at level 1.
I agree that the new vamp runes make up for the cost of his abilities but champions should not be balanced around what runes do or do not exist. Runes should be an after the fact change.

If we are going to balance champions on what runes they might have you then get put into the situation where runes become mandatory and not a choice. After that you might as well remove runes because they are no longer a choice they are a mandatory requirement that you have to use to be competative.

Duke Br0heimer

12-14-2011

Quote:

He's still too squishy.

I also remember you saying that you'll take a look at his health costs. Because as it is now, he still slowly kills himself.#

Is that not an issue you're looking at anymore?