Dominion Tier List and Analysis

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oncewasblind

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpeg View Post
so their are no bad champions... as 3 is the lowest? my suggestion, if you want to make a tier list; make some decisions make claims that champions are bad/good. this tier list might as well be 1 sentence:

"Game is balanced, some champs are slightly better than others depending on situation".
Exactly what Jamtots said. What if there are no bad champions? I actually have a running challenge with my friends; they ask me to pick a champion who would be "bad", and if I don't place 1st with them, then I lose the challenge.

I haven't lost this challenge yet.

Not because of my skill level, but because of how Dominion works - you start at level 3 and with higher gold, and constantly gain gold and experience (both passively and by global team rewards). Because of these game design elements, it is very unlikely for any champion to be "bad", because you basically have a guaranteed safety net against failure. As long as your champion's kit isn't completely worthless, any champion could be quite strong.

IMSOJUICY

12-01-2011

i would put udyr somewhere in tier 2 if not 1. he's as hard to kill as ever, and with so much fog of war in Dom, he can get the jump on you and reduce the chance of him being kited all day.

oncewasblind

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Kapone View Post
How come you placed "first" out of the 5 games you had with Shyvana (i think 2nd place once), yet you only placed her mid tier 2? Clearly she's OP for Dominion, Low tier 1 most if not higher.

Are you hiding her from us??? Ur own stats clearly show Shyvana dominate
I'm 28 - 6 (W/L) with Shyvana in ranked play. I play her extensively, and I find that Dominion is actually her weakest map. Based on that I'd consider my high placement with her a result of my personal expertise, rather than a reflection of her tier placement.

Nekrogen

12-02-2011

Yorick is king at high elo, jus' sayin'. It is uncommon for him to lose bottom lane and even if the matchup isn't in his favour he essentially has 3 copies of himself if he runs revive. His ghouls are probably the most annoying abilities to deal with in the history of league (with the possible exception of Eve's old stealth stun), and he can push harder than most strong bottom laners. #1 ban in every single one of my draft games, and is the reason I switched to draft after around 500 blind pick games.

If you want I can sift through some of my older games and show you a few where I've been wrecked by Yorick, but I'm not sure that would help much lol.

Jamtots

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
Yorick is king at high elo, jus' sayin'. It is uncommon for him to lose bottom lane and even if the matchup isn't in his favour he essentially has 3 copies of himself if he runs revive. His ghouls are probably the most annoying abilities to deal with in the history of league (with the possible exception of Eve's old stealth stun), and he can push harder than most strong bottom laners. #1 ban in every single one of my draft games, and is the reason I switched to draft after around 500 blind pick games.

If you want I can sift through some of my older games and show you a few where I've been wrecked by Yorick, but I'm not sure that would help much lol.
Agreed Yorick is a boss bot lane. Prob the best holder in the game followed closely by Maokai

GrignardTS

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncewasblind View Post
Top Tier - The ten kings of Dominion. They are unmatched.
Shaco, Rammus, Kassadin, Volibear, Blitzcrank, Kog'Maw, Pantheon, Karthus, Lee Sin, Jax
Rammus is far superior to Shaco in Top Tier. He does everything more than ok.
No Alistar?
Poppy?
Kog over Vanye?
Karthas over Ryze?
Lee Sin over Sion?

mummra

12-12-2011

gimme some o' them french fried taters... mmmmhhhhhhmmmmmm

GrignardTS

12-12-2011

Take Volibear out and put Alistar in.

He does everything Voli does but better in dominion.

Mephew

12-12-2011

Shen is nowhere to be found

IS1429332aa9b633

12-12-2011

I prefer this kind of tier list, more representative.

Eve should be in the Invader, as well as Twitch and Talon.

The Holder tier list is more like Pusher tier list, and you should add Cassio, Malz, Gragas and Alistar.
I think some champions should appear in multi categories. Graves and Skarner can also push bot lane.