League of Legends Counter Pick List

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mavîs

12-12-2011

how does nasus counter irelia. In team fights i can see wither doing that. But a good irelia will completely zone out a good nasus in lane.

Cooper112

12-12-2011

LOL ****ty counter list

Jafryn

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancerXXX View Post
I think I do. I have played at least 150 games with Maokai. The idea is that you poke, then get in close and burst while they are snared. Get in close and burst? Heimerdinger's turrets do more damage than you, Swain zones with Nevermove and Ravenous Flock. Or you tank. And MR doesn't do much against tanks: by the time you get MR, Maokai's damage is not a problem.
I really don't understand how Swain is going to zone out Maokai. Before level six Maokai is going to dominate him. At level six Swain might push him back, but he isn't going to be able to stop Maokai from farming waves with the potato grenade.

And Heimerdinger is going to get bursted down in seconds by Maokai if he has no magic resist. That's if he survives the potato barrage. And his turrets are going to be inside Maokai's circle, dealing 20% less damage.

Both Heimer and Swain are slow and lacking escape mechanisms. They're just free targets for potato bombs.

DubStepAddict1

12-12-2011

jax counters sion pls fix this and get caitlyn out of there

Matyi

12-17-2011

Bump.

Also, as I noticed Annie also counters Sion - She has the burst all right, and also a stun to lead it, and at a longer range than Sion. She can burst him down and think twice of going for a stun after that.

iRXS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2011

No shyvana on list. She too good to get countered?

LancerXXX

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafryn View Post
I really don't understand how Swain is going to zone out Maokai. Before level six Maokai is going to dominate him. At level six Swain might push him back, but he isn't going to be able to stop Maokai from farming waves with the potato grenade.

And Heimerdinger is going to get bursted down in seconds by Maokai if he has no magic resist. That's if he survives the potato barrage. And his turrets are going to be inside Maokai's circle, dealing 20% less damage.

Both Heimer and Swain are slow and lacking escape mechanisms. They're just free targets for potato bombs.
Theorycrafting is all and well, but in practice? Nope.

Swain spams Nevermove, so Maokai simply cannot close in, as his W cannot be used while snared. And if he does close in, press R and win.

Have you ever played a Heimerdinger vs. Maokai lane? It's pretty much the only lane I know I will lose when I play Maokai. Saplings on their own do negligible damage, as the person is usually smart enough to run from it (unless you're playing with bad people, in which case you don't really need to counter at all). If you jump on him, the damage of the turrets will EXCEED the burst damage you do to him, even with the ultimate. And there's nothing to stop him from dropping a Concussion Greande on your head while you're on his head.

Essentially, if you bombard with Saplings, both of the above champions will dodge them, let you go OOM, and soak up the free money.

BFG

12-18-2011

Hey guys we'll be working on the list tonight and all day tomorrow, I understand it is rather outdated and "Everyone counters Karma" was just a lol from one of the previous posters on this thread, I hope to get as much done tonight before I have to leave, (Hot date ) I now have one more person authorized to make changes on the list so hopefully within the next 24 hours we will have it completely up to date. I'm so glad to see this list has received such positive feedback from the community and hope to keep it as up to date as possible.

Enjoy Summoners

Boludez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

add teemo to trynd counters

moneymango

12-19-2011

Just played Gangplank vs WW top and shut him down pretty hard. I was running exhaust and ignite, and my oranges make his ult somewhat worthless

1234567 ... 8