Why I am re-directed to China LOL from leagueoflegends.com

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Okami Amaterasu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2011

i was looking their website
and i noticed that they don't have fizz and volibear on the site
that means they don't have these 2 on the game? ಠ_ಠ

Bellato

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami Amaterasu View Post
i was looking their website
and i noticed that they don't have fizz and volibear on the site
that means they don't have these 2 on the game? ಠ_ಠ
YES
they are delaying the updates for like two to six months so that it can pass the censors

NZ Xploziv

12-12-2011

fking Moron

Nullsign

Systems Engineer

12-12-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellato View Post
I live in Hong Kong and I play North Amerca LOL
I don't want to be auto directed to the China LOL and reading the retarded form of Chinese

You can resolve this problem by hitting http://na.leagueoflegends.com directly, rather than www.leagueoflegends.com

pika7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullsign View Post
You can resolve this problem by hitting http://na.leagueoflegends.com directly, rather than www.leagueoflegends.com
i know you guys mean well, but please redirect us somewhere that uses the same dialect of chinese as us, please. we dont use simplified chinese here in hong kong. it just doesnt make any sense.

smXho

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellato View Post
I live in Hong Kong and I play North Amerca LOL
I don't want to be auto directed to the China LOL and reading the retarded form of Chinese
Hong Kong is part of China, and please stop being so naive...

pika7

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by smXho View Post
Hong Kong is part of China, and please stop being so naive...
but i dont read simplified chinese.
i mean, most of us can because of exposure to chinese media, but its not actually our language.

i dont mind being redirected (i can go to na.leagueoflegends.com), but i just find it very strange that they would send us off to another server that isnt in our dialect.
blizzard redirects us to the taiwan server, which makes a lot more sense since they do also use traditional chinese.
(they also have an enormous button at the top that allows you to change it to english. chinese is fine, but this is helpful because i prefer to game in english.)

blackfenix

12-12-2011

Am from Europe and when using http://www.leagueoflegends.com i go to NA instead EU this is a bug

Nikola Tesla

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pika7 View Post
but i dont read simplified chinese.
i mean, most of us can because of exposure to chinese media, but its not actually our language.

i dont mind being redirected (i can go to na.leagueoflegends.com), but i just find it very strange that they would send us off to another server that isnt in our dialect.
blizzard redirects us to the taiwan server, which makes a lot more sense since they do also use traditional chinese.
(they also have an enormous button at the top that allows you to change it to english. chinese is fine, but this is helpful because i prefer to game in english.)
Your ignorance is astronomical. They are both the same ****ing language, they're just different character sets. Any one who can read traditional can read simplified, with the ability to recognize about 90% of the character set. Even people who can only read simplified can more or less interpret about 80% of traditional Chinese.

They redirect you based on distance, not what dialect, therefore China would be your server. And I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that LoL doesn't have servers based in Taiwan. Your logic is broke beyond belief.

I don't care if I get flamed for this, or if I'm being too harsh but the two Hong Kong citizens in this conversation are both absolute morons. China should feel ashamed for even reabsorbing you back into the country, even if they're communist *******s who censor anything anti-communist, at least they aren't ignoramuses.

pika7

12-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behold My Wrath View Post
Your ignorance is astronomical. They are both the same ****ing language, they're just different character sets. Any one who can read traditional can read simplified, with the ability to recognize about 90% of the character set. Even people who can only read simplified can more or less interpret about 80% of traditional Chinese.

They redirect you based on distance, not what dialect. And I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that LoL doesn't have servers based in Taiwan.
i know this.
im not saying simplified chinese is incomprehensible to me. i just find it bizarre how they think it's fine to redirect us to somewhere where the language is "approximately" the same. 90% is not 100%.

i am aware that LoL has no servers in TW. but blizzard at least has the decency to recognise that the dialects do have differences, and redirect us accordingly, instead of blindly sending us off to the nearest server.

well, not that it makes a huge difference, because practically everyone in hong kong plays on the NA servers, anyway. even those who barely speak english.
and given a choice between english/NA and simplified/China, i guess they were forced to pick one. none of us plan to switch servers, though!