League of Legends Counter Pick List

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BFG

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Mostly right but have serious problem.

For example, Kass should be the #1 counter against basically all mage,

Cait doesn't counter Wukong effective enough.

Morg doesn't have enough burst to take sion's shield down.

Hell, you put morg at #1 too much.
As I said, this wasn't my list originally, I just took it over last night and have been modifying whenever able. I appreciate the input.

MorikTheMad

12-08-2011

Ryze is a very solid counter to Sion (and tends to be good vs most melee).

Vs sion, he can get his shield down very quickly, not to mention snare him.

Also, regarding the comment about Kass countering Ryze by harassing with Q: this doesn't actually work out very well. At best, Kass ends up with lower health and runs Ryze out of mana.
Ryze's Q & E have 25 more range, his W 25 less range. But Kass's Q has to reach Ryze to take effect: in the interim, his W hits.

So what happens is: Ryze goes Q, E, W to Kass's Q. (Or just Q W pre lvl 4, or if saving some mana)
Then, as Ryze's W wears off, he can usually chase for just a sec and get in a parting Q as well right as the silence wears off.

Auhzel

12-08-2011

*glitter* *sparkle* totally awesome guide thx bro! *shine* *shimmer*

Khaos Wildfire

12-08-2011

Nocturne, Sivir, Morgana, BV, Hourglass do counter Karthus, not against him in mid, but mainly his ult. That is assuming you have the spell up. I'd add a decent Kayle who's ults can keep anyone alive while they kill Karthus. I've saved a dozen people with Karma because her shield is insane.

The best counter to Karthus is not just a strong mid, but not feeding him on any other lane. Keep your health up. Spell shields.

calicfer

12-08-2011

Kass is a pretty good counter to Ryze. It isn't a guaranteed shutdown, but I'd rather face most other characters that get picked for mid, including Morgana. Morg's abilities are just too easy to dodge, and all you have to do is wait for her spell shield to be down, baring that you can burst through it pretty fast unless she levels it a lot (in which case just wait her out since her other spells are then under leveled.) Mostly ganking is ryze's worst enemy. Once he gets tear of the goddess, he wants to cast spells every 3 seconds and pushes his lane if he isn't very careful (especially when using e to harass enemy champion). Plus he zones like a boss, so chances are he's far forward denying xp. When ganking ryze you MUST have mid participate, especially if ryze has good movement speed (boots/runes/masteries). Ryze's chain provides great escape from a single mele champion, but leaves him vulnerable. Even if you trade deaths in mid, having your jungle there gaining xp and cs from your lane while you both recover is a win, the gank will be easier next time. A good Ryze should never be against just mid.

Ending the laning phase early is also a counter against ryze. Ryze has a critical mass where he can carry teams if left to farm too much, but before then he's just another squishy.

With the level advantage of mid and good cs. Ryze is a powerful nuker with good range. Squishies beware. Send in the tanky dps. he'll eat ryzes initial burst and get rooted. proceed to swarm. If he is not too fed/farmed, you have a good chance of finishing him and wiping the floor with his team.

BFG

12-08-2011

final bump

nyonkap

12-09-2011

For Fizz I agree with Malzahar, but Morgana's spell shield isn't enough to counter Fizz and her snare is a joke of a skill shot for him too. You need some one with a no skill shot cc/ some one who can be in his face the whole time. A Heimerdinger's turrets can push the lane with the dinger still being out of danger from Fizz's attacks.

nyonkap

12-09-2011

You should add Talon to the Janna counter. He has a gap closer silence, a slow to keep up with her, and his ult is easy to finish her off with the burst. Also tenacity items work wonders for fighting high cc champs.

Jafryn

12-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancerXXX View Post
Maokai: Morgana. BV, Hexdrinker, MR.
The ****??? Maokai's counter is Heimerdinger, or Swain. That is the counter to anyone who needs to get in close. And building MR against a tank? Seriously o.O
I don't think you understand Maokai very well.

LancerXXX

12-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafryn View Post
I don't think you understand Maokai very well.
I think I do. I have played at least 150 games with Maokai. The idea is that you poke, then get in close and burst while they are snared. Get in close and burst? Heimerdinger's turrets do more damage than you, Swain zones with Nevermove and Ravenous Flock. Or you tank. And MR doesn't do much against tanks: by the time you get MR, Maokai's damage is not a problem.

And to that note about Karthus, his main threat is not his ultimate (as new players think), but when he walks into your team in a 5v5 with Defile on, spamming Lay Wastes, with a Wall of Pain on all of you, finishing it off with a Requiem while dead. He needs to die in the fight to do damage, so kick him out of the fight.

123456 ... 8