Supports Get No Love

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keites

12-09-2011

I love playing support, it's one of the reasons I use Leona as my tank. A Stun Tank build with CD reduction can keep enemies from moving from the second they get hit to the second they die. If I remember when fully built I have her ult on something like a 30 second counter per use. It's pretty helpful since it'd scare them even though it'd barely hurt them.

1UPedU

12-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshiFox View Post
I know how you feel, I play Sona, Janna and Ali a lot. Yet people really don't know how a support player plays, either your laning partner is too busy trying to force a gank as opposed to hitting creeps to level you, or forcing you to save their arses a few too many times to end up being mana starved. And the moment you make a tiny mistake or something goes wrong we called feeders, and noobs, and god knows all sorts.

Today alone, I'm Sona, and a Jungle lee says to me "Sona feeder, 0/3.... Feeder" he forgets the 23 assists. Then I play Jana, there is an aggressive riven on the other team, who leaps past 4 people to kill me over and over, I end up 2/6/21 but I was the feeder the lost us the game.

In fairness, I say to you guys. Don't play support solo queue, set up a team, your appreciated that way,or at least set it up so you lane with someone you trust. We the unsung heros when we win, and the reason when we lose. Doubt that will ever chance, but still...

Karma, Sona, Janna, Soraka, Alistar, Taric.... We still love you!
your level 26...
dont play supports in normal; just dont!

AngelsTwilight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UPedU View Post
your level 26...
dont play supports in normal; just dont!
I've actually been thanked for playing sona in normals more than once and I'm only level 21.

Azurebolt

12-10-2011

After a video clip like this i like my support. sryy for the no action in the first few mins of the video starts at 2:35 on up. This just happened a few hours ago.

http://www.own3d.tv/video/329520/Duo_Bot_Support_Win

sryy for the bad editing at the end as well. i was laughing while trying to capture this part specifically.

7thcloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2011

your frustration of your team's behavior and blame game is understandable. however, you need to realize, the primary objectives of the support role. in the laning phase, you need to keep the idiot ranged auto-attacker alive through heals, warding, and CVs. a secondary role would be tracking enemy jungler or helping out your jungler via CVs. after the 20 min mark (or whenever the laning phase ends), the important job of the support is vision of the neutral buffs, blue, red, drag, and baron. if you have no vision over baron, that failure is primarily on the support.

Elsnickerdoodle

12-11-2011

It wasn't your fault, warding is everyone's job.

Arc of Triage

12-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArisatoMinat0 View Post
I play nidalee, but extremely offensively, and max heal second to last. Does she still count as support?
I play the same way. And IMO yes. That spear is like a fear for players chasing your team lol.

"Do I chase and take a spear to the face, or let the low hp tank get away." (Nid heals for 500hp+) "Too late"

Kiddalee

12-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necairus View Post
I like to remind them that they are fully capable to buy wards and help out on awareness.. since they're getting more gold than I am.
Yep. Everybody should be warding. The support can't do it all himself. He may be able to have less or cheaper gear, but he can't run around with no gear at all.

jimjam080

12-11-2011

Dude i used to main support i know how it its, whats even worse is when they call u terrabad because u have no cs haha

shadowgift

12-11-2011

im mainely an ad range carry, and when ive got a good support, i wrecked them. i respect all of them n i screw those who harrass them in every game