Vote to kick

First Riot Post
123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

12-08-2011
3 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ergheis View Post
The inconvenience does not outweigh the benefits.

While I'm not 100% backing on all the ideas in this thread, things shouldn't be shut down by smaller reasons.
In a ranked team, the team should consist of people who know each other fairly well, so there is no need to kick.

In a non-ranked team situation, who to decide who is the captain? Randomly pick a person? What happen if the troll just be quite during voting process? and start trolling during mid-game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ergheis View Post
Plus there's a 1/5 chance of the captain being the troll.
Assume you are not a troll, the max chance of troll showing up is 4/(10-1) = 44.4% for the current team, and the chance of becoming a captain is 1/5 = 20%, the chance of captain is a troll is about 8.88%.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gentleman Oz

Senior Member

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
2) what happen if the captain is the troll?
Well the company is called "Riot" for a REASON, right? XD

But seriously though, trolls and noobs might be a constant problem but at least you can have hope that, by playing the game, they straighten up or end up doing better later (at least they are playing, if you aren't going to win at least you interact with someone)

Leavers and afkers are the worst, doesn't matter how much you try there is no way that you can reason with them to return to the game and at least TRY to play nice or better... banning people in game would create a bad habit and make games less fun for both parties

That's what I think though (and no RiotKiddington I'm not stalking you, I just end up finding inspiration in your posts or threads you end up posting before me)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MandyMemory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
1) In non-ranked team there is no such concept of team captain.

2) what happen if the captain is the troll?
1) Could be chosen randomly.

2) Then there would have to be 3 other trolls to get a 4/5ths vote. Of course the ability to kick the troll even if they were chosen to be the captain would be nice.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cmdrdeadman

Senior Member

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
Assume you are not a troll, the max chance of troll showing up is 4/(10-1) = 44.4% for the current team, and the chance of becoming a captain is 1/5 = 20%, the chance of captain is a troll is about 8.88%.
Your math isn't making much sense... I guess you mean there is 1 troll in a game of 10 people, so there is a 44.4% chance he is on your team and a 55.6% chance he is on the enemy team, but that still makes a 10% chance he is the captain of a team. But of course these numbers are all made up anyway; for starters we don't even know what percentage of the player base are trolls.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

12-08-2011
4 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrdeadman View Post
Your math isn't making much sense... I guess you mean there is 1 troll in a game of 10 people, so there is a 44.4% chance he is on your team and a 55.6% chance he is on the enemy team, but that still makes a 10% chance he is the captain of a team. But of course these numbers are all made up anyway; for starters we don't even know what percentage of the player base are trolls.
10 people per game, the max number of troll on your team is 4 (because the last person is you). The chance of max troll is 44%. then, the chance of been pick for captain is 20% (1 out of 5 people). So the question is what is the max chance of been a troll AND picked to be the captain.

When two events are independent, the probability of both occurring is the product of the probabilities of the individual events. More formally, if events A and B are independent, then the probability of both A and B occurring is:

P(A and B) = P(A) x P(B)

where P(A and B) is the probability of events A and B both occurring, P(A) is the probability of event A occurring, and P(B) is the probability of event B occurring.

so in our case, it is (4/9) * (1/5) = 4 / 45 = 8.89%

Did I made a mistake?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hawkraider

Senior Member

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
10 people per game, the max number of troll on your team is 4 (because the last person is you). The chance of max troll is 44%. then, the chance of been pick for captain is 20% (1 out of 5 people). So the question is what is the max chance of been a troll AND picked to be the captain.

When two events are independent, the probability of both occurring is the product of the probabilities of the individual events. More formally, if events A and B are independent, then the probability of both A and B occurring is:

P(A and B) = P(A) x P(B)

where P(A and B) is the probability of events A and B both occurring, P(A) is the probability of event A occurring, and P(B) is the probability of event B occurring.

so in our case, it is (4/9) * (1/5) = 4 / 45 = 8.89%

Did I made a mistake?
yes you did makle a mistake but not the one he tried to call you one

your mistake was that you did the probability for one troll to be captain not if there are 4 trolls on your team

also it still may be a bit confusing to the non-probability-knowledgeable potion of the player based to understand your first paragraph, may I suggest you get someone who failed around 8th (I think) grade math to help you get it more user friendly if you really want to have this make superb sense.

back to what your mistake may have been

the way to do it for 4 trolls on your team is 44.4% times 4/5 giving you about a 35% chance of a troll being captain at MOST*




*with the data available this is the most accurate (and realistic) "max" achievable, to be totally accurate you need to know the portion of player base that is a troll and how often they troll - even more accurate is if you include times of trolling, plus a host of other factors i am to sleep deprived to find specifically right now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cmdrdeadman

Senior Member

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
10 people per game, the max number of troll on your team is 4 (because the last person is you). The chance of max troll is 44%. then, the chance of been pick for captain is 20% (1 out of 5 people). So the question is what is the max chance of been a troll AND picked to be the captain.

When two events are independent, the probability of both occurring is the product of the probabilities of the individual events. More formally, if events A and B are independent, then the probability of both A and B occurring is:

P(A and B) = P(A) x P(B)

where P(A and B) is the probability of events A and B both occurring, P(A) is the probability of event A occurring, and P(B) is the probability of event B occurring.

so in our case, it is (4/9) * (1/5) = 4 / 45 = 8.89%

Did I made a mistake?
Yeah, I am still not following. If the max number of trolls of your team, if you yourself is not a troll, is 4, I agree with that. But this means your team is 80% trolls (4/5), not 44%; the other team has nothing to do with that.

There could be 9 trolls in the game if you aren't one! So the max trolls in a game is 90% trolls, and the chance of them being captain in this case is (9 choose 2) over (10 choose 2) which is 80%.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

12-08-2011
5 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkraider View Post
yes you did makle a mistake but not the one he tried to call you one your mistake was that you did the probability for one troll to be captain not if there are 4 trolls on your team
huh? what?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cmdrdeadman

Senior Member

12-08-2011

I realize my math is wrong, It is taking me a second to do it right, I will fix it. No one call me on it!

EDIT: Oh wait, of course I am right! The other way of looking at it is that Team A has 80% trolls and so has 80% of getting a troll for a captain, and Team B is 100% going to get one, so .8 * 1 = 80%.

But I realize this is definitely not what RiotKiddington meant, I just still don't see what he was getting at.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

12-08-2011
6 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrdeadman View Post
Yeah, I am still not following. If the max number of trolls of your team, if you yourself is not a troll, is 4, I agree with that. But this means your team is 80% trolls (4/5).
We can do this way, what is the max number of people in the game that can be a troll and that is also on your team. (since people on the other team can't be your captain), that is:

(4/9)

then what is the chance that a player on your team can be a captain?

(1/5)


123456 ... 9