True story starring Mordekaiser

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerberusZ

12-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menkhor View Post
Wait wait wait... am I reading this thread correctly in that they are working on BUFFING Mordekaiser...? Say WHAT???

He is, by far, one of the most OP champs in the game right now. I better have either read this wrong, or Riot is trolling me hard, because if Morde is buffed.... FML.

Morello

Lead Designer

12-05-2011
8 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyDog View Post
**** Morello just stealing all Classick's thunder smh
lol

I think the original post pretty much called out Classick is doing this fix.

A good rule of thumb is: if you don't like it, Morello did it.

If you did, Classick, Guinsoo, Geeves or Nome did.

ZarethPanfer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2011

Out of curiosity, are there plans for Shen, Lee Sin or Olaf? (Be it buffs, nerfs or any major changes? I know Shen is rather crummy at the moment, Lee is regarded as OP, and Olaf I feel still needs a bit of work, but that's just my view on it.)

Gurei Fullbuster

12-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Unless something crazy happens in testing, we want this out in the next patch.

Some good stuff in here, imo.
Morello, please keep in mind that you've not just heavily nerfed Mordekaiser directly, but you've also heavily nerfed him indirectly. The nerf on Hextech Gunblade was a pretty big hit, the reduction in creep damage (more commonly, battles in lane had a larger number of minions on Mordekaiser's side than his opponent's due to the nature of Mordekaiser), as well as the nerfs to health potions (more impacting on him than other champions because of his skills' health costs).

At this point, I'm not even sure completely reverting his latest nerfs would be enough, although as I've said recently (but not in this thread), I'm no game designer...

Morello

Lead Designer

12-05-2011
9 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei Fullbuster View Post
Morello, please keep in mind that you've not just heavily nerfed Mordekaiser directly, but you've also heavily nerfed him indirectly. The nerf on Hextech Gunblade was a pretty big hit, the reduction in creep damage (more commonly, battles in lane had a larger number of minions on Mordekaiser's side than his opponent's due to the nature of Mordekaiser), as well as the nerfs to health potions (more impacting on him than other champions because of his skills' health costs).

At this point, I'm not even sure completely reverting his latest nerfs would be enough, although as I've said recently (but not in this thread), I'm no game designer...
This is actually calculated in the buffs. Our last change wasn't a full reversion (we did some reversions, some partials) - the Hextech hits his late game a lot, but the initial nerfs were aimed at lane power. We want to maintain some of the changes there - we'll definitely evaluate the effect of this after they come out.

dbx10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2011

Quote:
lol

I think the original post pretty much called out Classick is doing this fix.

A good rule of thumb is: if you don't like it, Morello did it.

If you did, Classick, Guinsoo, Geeves or Nome did.
While you're here, theres like 6 or 7 threads about Pulsefire Ezreal removed from the skins list.

What's up with that?

Gurei Fullbuster

12-05-2011

Quote:
This is actually calculated in the buffs. Our last change wasn't a full reversion (we did some reversions, some partials) - the Hextech hits his late game a lot, but the initial nerfs were aimed at lane power. We want to maintain some of the changes there - we'll definitely evaluate the effect of this after they come out.
ilu

Morello

Lead Designer

12-05-2011
10 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbx10 View Post
While you're here, theres like 6 or 7 threads about Pulsefire Ezreal removed from the skins list.

What's up with that?
*Shrug* I've only ever deleted two threads in my life (neither of those). They made me wince, and my family is angry and Austrian, so suffice to say I have a thick skin to this

Luzb3lit0

12-05-2011

what about katarina/jax/kayle buffs promised after nerfing gunblade?

Prab

12-05-2011

Does this mean BRKAISER gona b back???? hue?