Please make Silver + Bronze Season 1 Badges

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DJ Radix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
Thank you for your post, Twentysix. As we begin the journey into Season Two we are seeing that some of our Summonerís would like to obtain these badges on the forums as well as on their in game accounts. I wanted to take a moment to address this feedback and give some additional context.

When we announced the release of forum badges near the end of Season One, one of our primary goal was to give all of you the chance to reach this personal goal and receive their Gold and Platinum badges. We ultimately decided not to recognize Silver and Bronze in the forums, based on our discussions internally which indicated it might alienate some of those players, and because we felt strongly about giving extra recognition to Gold and Platinum players.

We definitely appreciate how passionate some of you are about this, but we stand by the decision that was made. Having said that, we will definitely consider this feedback for when we start planning Season Two rewards.

Have fun, Summoners!
+1 for the consideration and for taking the time to think it over!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tamat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Live Services

Follow RiotTamat on Twitter

12-04-2011
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterPlow View Post
Fool proof logic here ... Giving silver and bronze badges may alienate people, but only giving gold and platinum does not alienate people.
Using logic you can come to the conclusion that it is better to be alienated because you're in the top 3% of players, than to be alienated for not being as good as the top 3% of players.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bureburebure

Senior Member

12-04-2011

Quote:
When we announced the release of forum badges near the end of Season One, one of our primary goal was to give all of you the chance to reach this personal goal and receive their Gold and Platinum badges. We ultimately decided not to recognize Silver and Bronze in the forums, based on our discussions internally which indicated it might alienate some of those players, and because we felt strongly about giving extra recognition to Gold and Platinum players.
You do realize there aren't that many bronze and silver players to begin with right? They are within the top 25% and 10% of all ranked players (though obviously you know this).

I appreciate the fact that you read this, but I disagree with your reasoning. Bronze and silver players worked hard too and they deserve some sort of recognition.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RPGKing4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
Using logic you can come to the conclusion that it is better to be alienated because you're in the top 3% of players, than to be alienated for not being as good as the top 3% of players.
But giving Silver and Bronze, people can recognize who has been around the longest at a glance, instead of having the Senior or Junior member bs that is based off of number of posts not account creation time...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SillySquirtle

Senior Member

12-04-2011

I still vote you do it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kari Arisu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
Using logic you can come to the conclusion that it is better to be alienated because you're in the top 3% of players, than to be alienated for not being as good as the top 3% of players.
I'm a Silver, and I'd like everyone on the forums to know that without me telling them.
Anyone who feels "alienated" by their Season 1 Ranking is just being silly.
If they were really that worried about it, they'd just post on a smurf account anyways?

I would love to have my Silver badge.
It would be awesome to be able to have everyone on the forums recognize my skill level based on Season 1 at the very least, with just a glance.
Currently I'm no different than anyone else who isn't Gold/Plat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

scotth266

Senior Member

12-04-2011

The whole idea of having the badges be on the forum was silly in the first place.

I still say that giving only golds and plats badges marginalizes everyone below gold (even Bronze and Silver, which constitute a good portion of the top 25% of the players, but since you didn't go gold F YOU YOUR OPINION DOESN'T MATTER).

Thinking it over, it's a good idea that they DON'T give us bronze and silver players badges. Giving everyone badges marginalizes anyone who didn't get a badge (aka 75% of the players) and devolves things into even more of a badge superiority fest than it already is. Granted, a LOT of the badge snobbery has disappeared, but does anyone really want it back?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ansre

Senior Member

12-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
Using logic you can come to the conclusion that it is better to be alienated because you're in the top 3% of players, than to be alienated for not being as good as the top 3% of players.
/facepalm


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Clay

Senior Member

12-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotth266 View Post
The whole idea of having the badges be on the forum was silly in the first place.

I still say that giving only golds and plats badges marginalizes everyone below gold (even Bronze and Silver, which constitute a good portion of the top 25% of the players, but since you didn't go gold F YOU YOUR OPINION DOESN'T MATTER).
This.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DJ Radix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
Using logic you can come to the conclusion that it is better to be alienated because you're in the top 3% of players, than to be alienated for not being as good as the top 3% of players.
+1.

I don't think the downvoters actually stopped to read what you said, it's a good point.