My in game audio skips all the time

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Broslam

12-03-2011

how do i fix this?

Broslam

12-04-2011

bump

Broslam

12-04-2011

For example: Thirty-thirty seconds untill-till minons-mions spawn.

This is very annoying because it does this with pings and every audio aspect of the game.

BelligerentSwan

Sr. Sound Designer

12-04-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Have you noticed any other performance problems when this occurs? Lag, framerate drops?

xavarn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelligerentSwan View Post
Have you noticed any other performance problems when this occurs? Lag, framerate drops?

This happened to me as well, It's really random, but only for the announcer. Nothing else drops performance wise, simply the announcer audio.

Tricky Turtle

12-04-2011

Post this in another thread as well, but this sounds similar enough. Happened this happen to me, but it was with all audio. It seems to split between being able to play through it and having lag, framerate drops, and the game essentially freezing.

Broslam

12-05-2011

I don't think I have any other performance problems, but one time someone jumped across lane. Again that was only one time.

BelligerentSwan

Sr. Sound Designer

12-05-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Thanks for the replies everyone. Since there are a few responses here, my main concern is that if you see other performance issues like lag or framerate drops, then the audio is directly tied to those. But if you are only hearing audio issues it will be a little bit trickier to debug what is going on.

For the sake of get as much info as possible, can you please tell me which champion you were playing, did it happen in team fights, or only when one or two other champions were around? only the Announcer, or was it Champion Voices as well? Did it occur as the start of the game, or only Late in the game? And any other detail you might feel are relavent....

Any additional info you can provide will go a long way in helping us get to the bottom of the problem.

Stark24

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2011

Hey, was just searching for a topic like this, as I'm having the same issue.

There is no lag or fps drop occurring when I experience the audio skips. It happened at all portions of the game, without any real rhyme or reason. Though now that I think about it did seem more prominent around team mates. Also, it seemed more prominent in dominion than SR.

It occurs as far as I know, for both the announcer and all champions. It was so bad I had to turn off my voice audio simply because it was torture to play with it on.

keegan150

12-05-2011

yeah this happens to me a lot too. its usually when kills happen. the announcers starts stuttering. its happened with my character during kills too. and my fps doesnt drop or anything. the audio just freaks out for a second