What is everyone's view of Xerath? How viable is he in ranked play?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zero000x000

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

He's unanimously believed to be the strongest AP carry in the game right now, but oddly no one bothers playing him. People are starting to fall of the "Xerath is OP" into "Xerath is balanced."

FighterRanger

12-02-2011

I always suspected he was amazing.

I mean 1.8 ap ratio on an aoe ultimate is just flipping ridiculous. Sion has that ratio total.

But I suck BALLS with him.

Dr Plutonious

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FighterRanger View Post
I always suspected he was amazing.

I mean 1.8 ap ratio on an aoe ultimate is just flipping ridiculous. Sion has that ratio total.

But I suck BALLS with him.
Same.

which is why I stopped playing him. But that range and built in steroids is huge.

And 1.8?!!!! I did not know that. holy ****. Is that 1.8 on each blast of it or just total?

Edit: Ah it's total. Still, that is good.

Quarzark

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero000x000 View Post
He's unanimously believed to be the strongest AP carry in the game right now, but oddly no one bothers playing him. People are starting to fall of the "Xerath is OP" into "Xerath is balanced."
it's more like "Xerath is OP" into "Xerath is either banned, or boring as hell to play."

bureburebure

12-02-2011

Dan Dihn, Chauster, Dyrus, Elementz, OddOne, Sytdko, and various other high elo players say he is pretty stronk and one of the best AP's in the game.

Vanisher1

12-02-2011

he's not easy to use , you also need a good team to cover you , that's why people dont complain about him.

Arcturuslll

12-02-2011

I feel like his damage output is severely reduced when his ult is on CD :\

CloudCarry

12-02-2011

when he came out he was my new favorite ap..that's sayin something

i used to play him 9-21-0 and wreck but now since the mastery nerfs to defense and utility i run 30 offense much like i would for ap tf or other hybrid champions as the damage they deal with the extra points in offense is enough to get me the kill 9times out of 10 or simply force them out of the lane.

you cant lane againt xerath after 6 unless you have equal blowup potential..

sleeper op is an understatement.

throw your e and ult ult q ult dead

i dont even get w until i feel like i need it. max level of q and e is the way to go..
some of those xerath players max his w first.. i dont agree with that playstyle. w is always useful for me and it shouldnt get maxd first.
same thing with fizz: i max his e last and people think it should be maxed second..
if people figured a champ out for themselves once in a while this community would be way better off (not directed at OP in any way)

Kaiden

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcturuslll View Post
I feel like his damage output is severely reduced when his ult is on CD :\
Its basically always up when you need it for a kill and as soon as you hit 6 if you hit 1 or 2 q's beforehand its basically a free kill as long as you're good at erqrrq. His range along with his passive make him an extremely safe character to play in most all teamcomps. The only thing I really fear when playing as xerath is a fed akali.

Yabi

12-02-2011

I think he's a really good champ for play, and Elementz has him in spot one in Tier 1 of his Solo ranked list. I personally have never played him, but many-a-times I've been stomped by a Xerath who knows what they're doing.