How to move LoL to another computer?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hohums

Software Engineer

07-01-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanTeenWerewolf View Post
If you both have the same operating system, you just copy the Riot Games folder onto the flash drive, and paste it into his Program Files folder.
Also he'll need to install Adobie air which is a 30 MB download from their site.

Axoren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2010

The only reason I'd move a game from one computer to another without just redownloading it would be so I could play it on a computer without internet. But...

... unless you plan to play it in school or at work, just redownload it. Otherwise, just click and drag the program folder on to a Zip or Jazz diskette or whatever you young people use now.

Edit:
Oh right, the Adobe Air thing. If you're trying to play at school or work, you're screwed unless you can install ANYWAYS. So it's best to not waste your time moving the Program Folder because you're gonna have to download and install something ANYWAYS.

If you can't download and install LoL, you can't download and install Adobe Air to play LoL, which sucks for you if you intend to play at work or school.

GrizzIy

07-01-2010

hohums so helpful.

thanks, i'll be using the flash drive method.

DontTazeMeBr0

07-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
Also he'll need to install Adobie air which is a 30 MB download from their site.
how do i do that?

i'll be playing online. it's just faster to do it this way instead of re-dloading it. if i run the update, can the game look after itself?

Draktok

07-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontTazeMeBr0 View Post
how do i do that?

i'll be playing online. it's just faster to do it this way instead of re-dloading it. if i run the update, can the game look after itself?
in the league of legends folder you copy over there should be a application called adobe air. big and red icon. Click to install and update when prompted.

Wuumaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axoren View Post
The only reason I'd move a game from one computer to another without just redownloading it would be so I could play it on a computer without internet. But...
Another reason is it's MUCH quicker. I frequently copy/paste game files from my primary computer to my secondary rather than have the secondary download the patch file again (in the case of World of Warcraft). Thankfully Steam games can usually be copied the same way, and avoid having to download the whole thing (so long as the Steam account on the secondary comp owns the game, anyway. Gogo $5 list).

I believe I did this for LoL as well - I installed it on 4 computers, only downloading it once. Should work fine, just grab the AIR installer and toss it on the drive just in case.

TheTruhan

07-01-2010

I only know one way of doing it and it will require you to have the installer. Just install LoL in the new computer and then you'll have to copy several files from your LoL folder in your old comp. Here are the list of files you'll need to copy down:
1. AirRuntime (text document/notepad)
2. CRiotLauncherElevateCOM.dll
3. launcher.lang-en.dll
4. launcher.lib.dll
5. launcher.maestro.dll
6. LOL.Air.Version
7. LOL.AirRuntime.Version
8. LOL.Game.Version
9. LOL.Patcher.Version
10. maestro-server (text document/notepad)
11. patcher_lib (text document/notepad)
12. patcher_lib.decode.dll
13. Patcher_update
14. patcher_update_tmp
15. patcher_version
16. zlib1.dll
17. The rest are the the folders

Copy them all down to your USB and when you transfer it to the new comp, delete all the folders in the LoL folder of the new comp first then copy down the all the files including teh folders you ahd copied into your USB. REMEMBER DELETE THE FOLDERS NOT FILES! Also you don't need to copy down the AdobeAIRInstaller.

Hope this'll help

kankle

07-01-2010

Here is how:

Install League of Legends on new computer, DONE.

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT IDIOT

Tehc

07-01-2010

If you have an external hard drive and plug it into the other computer, LoL will run just like on the old computer. I used to do this when I would go home to my parents' house with WoW all the time.

Tales

07-01-2010

Well, I formatted my computer and then run the lol.launcher.exe found on my D: hard drive, it autodownloaded adobe air and launched without any problem.

I have also done that on a low end computer but the game didn't start, I had to manually install it so idk what's the problem with that, maybe it was because I installed the AdobeAIR from the lol directory.