From NEGATIVE 18 to 1524 - Elo Super Guide

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Still5

12-02-2011

This guy such a troll ...

lol jk

JoshSnipez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

I was stuck in 1k elo for a while now, I read this guide, then decided to play ranked after a while, this guide helped alot, I've been able to carry most of my recent games 7 wins 3 losses if I keep this ratio up I should be raising past 1400, ty for this guide, before I didn't really focus alot on helping my teammates cause I expected them to have a brain, but apperently you have to have a brain for them.

Smite911

12-02-2011

well deserved bump!

i o

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-02-2011

interesting

I Wuv Camron

12-02-2011

Hey I know this guy!

Yolo

12-02-2011

I'd like to learn from you if you're up to it. I bounce around the 1200s but I know I can do better if I knew what to improve. What would be the best way to get in touch? I'm not quite sure how to operate IRC. :-P

Montag

Player Experience Manager

12-02-2011
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChunkz View Post
Take a break after losing two in a row. Maybe it’s you playing bad. Maybe you’re not having good luck. Maybe you’re angry. Or maybe your teammates are out to get you. Whatever it is, you’re probably better off taking a break when your recent track record shows that you’re not likely to win. Remember that you need to make every game count and if you’re losing games or coming up trading 1 win for 1 loss then you’re not making progress; you’re actually making it that much harder for yourself the next time you play.
I find this to be useful just for morale purposes. If I lose two games in a row, I'm going to be far too angry to perform well in a third.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChunkz View Post
Be positive. Don’t yell at your teammates and put them down. It doesn’t provide anything positive. Maybe you’ll feel better but that teammate you just flamed at is now more discouraged and/or pissed off. Not only is their play impacted because they’ve been discouraged but do you really think that they want to contribute to helping you get a win after you were being a **** to them?
This is so ridiculously true. I find a losing team that blames their one weak player tend to perform far below the team that loses gracefully, especially late game. Two teams that don't rage at their teammates usually results in an incredibly fun game, regardless of the outcome.

ZallKlos

12-02-2011

MrChunkz,

How was the attitude of the players in your game?

Was like what Elementz said here: http://rog.clgaming.net/blogs/reign-of-elementz/4548-hey-riot-your-games-not-fun-below-1500-elo

I feel that in it's not really "Elo hell" but "Ego Hell". More clashing attitude that make the experience unenjoyable.

I had games where everybody on the same want to tear each other apart. Nothing was functional. The classic, "I overextend without wards, die then blame jungler before going afk".

I also carried low skill players. They weren't great but were cooperating. They fed and played the blame game during the laning phase. I managed to turn things around. They shut up and followed orders. I called a team Baron, they came. Told team to recall and get ready for mid push. They did exactly that. Told team to wait for initiation, they waited and went in after then tank initiate the fight. Not skilled players but changed their attitude and made it enjoyable for rest of team. And yeah, the enemy team was raging in all chat because are losing despite having a 8-0 lead.

Foxley

12-02-2011

Riot, sticky this thread. And hire this man, while you're at it.

killerre

Recruiter

12-02-2011

bizare cases where you get put in 2v5 situation, bizare is another word for frequent constant ****** feeders that dont understand the importance of any sort of teamwork?