Some Fun Facts about Trynd

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hostile

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

Quote:
This thread was made with blind pick solo queue in mind right? The chance of having a team comp specifically to counter Tryn in blind pick solo queue is very low. You can't create a specific comp in solo queue because:

1. If you make a hard Tryn counter comp, what happens if he's not even on their team? (Yes, it happens! OMG) I don't say Lee Sin is OP when I pick Akali... I just say "****, that's lucky. i'm going to try to counter him the best way i can" and move on. You now have a Rammus on your team when they are all AP. ****ty, huh?
2. People mostly want to play free week/their new champions. They have no knowledge of the comp that the other team is going for, so counter picking is impossible.

I guess since you're always calling Tryn OP, I'll quote something from a different thread for you.
Exactly why you CANT counter trynd in solo q with champs, and have you not read any of my post about how to counter him IN GAME with items, its really impossible THATS WHY HES OP. IT cost so much to counter him and its towards him only that any AP on the other team will Destroy you instead.

Apacifist666

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauJustice View Post
The only Trynd's that worry me are the good ones that use cleanse...and those are only 1 out of every 20+ Trynd's I see. Get him to Ult, wait 2 seconds, cast Ignite on him and run away. Dead Trynd if he isn't running cleanse.

Plenty of characters are capable of bullying him in lane. Malphite, Udyr, Yorick, Garen...basically anyone who can harass him and is able to trade with him early.

Hopefully the increased jungle difficulty stops him from leveling so fast early on, even when he's losing his lane.

I still think his Ult should be nerfed to either 4 seconds total, or in a tiered structure like 3/4/5. Everything else can be left as is. I think that is very reasonable.
I agree with the change to his ulti. If u are comparing to someone like kayle's ulti, how is there not an imbalance? Kayle's ulti is 2/2.5/3 seconds of invulnerability whereas trynd is 5/5/5?

Boo

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
second off another theroy of mine is people that play him dont think hes op, lets face it they dont want to come to the fact that he is op, example, look at graves players, before he got nerfed ALL of them were like "ohh hes not OP im just good, yet any other charater they play they lose with,
He's only OP if you let him be. I think certain things in his kit needs be fixed though, like the seconds on his ultimate should scale with levels, maxing at 5 seconds. I wouldn't care if he was nerfed in some way. Actually, I kinda wish he would get nerfed if it means people would stop crying about him.

Quote:
(kinda like you ive noticed you lose when you dont use trynd.)
That's pretty ignorant. You're assuming that every loss I have without tryn was all my fault, and that my scores were terribad. It's solo queue, **** happens. I'm not crying though, am I? If we want to get personal, you went 0/7/2. As Lee Sin. He makes tryn look bad so obviously it's on your end.

Quote:
then when he did get nerfed proving he was op, most of the players that were on that bang wagon sure got off in a hurry, because they didnt get the op advantage, they thrive for.
People stopped talking about him because after he got nerfed, they got what they wanted. Lee Sin got nerfed, akali got nerfed but you don't see people stop playing them. I still see graves from time to time, just not in 3v3 obviously.

Quote:
Exactly why you CANT counter trynd in solo q with champs, and have you not read any of my post about how to counter him IN GAME with items, its really impossible THATS WHY HES OP. IT cost so much to counter him and its towards him only that any AP on the other team will Destroy you instead.
Except it's not hard to counter him with items... Dodge isn't removed yet, it still counters him with ninja tabi. Thornmail is an obvious counter. You still have 2 other champions who can **** him up. You got a ryze on your team? If he bursts tryn he's done. Frozen heart is still good against him too. You can say they're expensive, but it's a hard counter for a reason. Don't feed him and constantly put pressure on him. He's easy to lane against compared to other champions if their tryn has trouble getting fury in lane.

I'm just trying to give you tips, peace

Hostile

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

Quote:
That's pretty ignorant. You're assuming that every loss I have without tryn was all my fault, and that my scores were terribad. It's solo queue, **** happens. I'm not crying though, am I? If we want to get personal, you went 0/7/2. As Lee Sin. He makes tryn look bad so obviously it's on your end.
hmm its kinda hard to catch back up when at lvl 2 vs you you crit me what was it twice in a row for 180's and i think you did that at lvl 5 too i believe....? yes lee sin is good, (been nerfed) and he can be over powered if fed, you actually have to hit your q's and time your skills unlike trynd which is just right clicking.

Quote:
He's only OP if you let him be. I think certain things in his kit needs be fixed though, like the seconds on his ultimate should scale with levels, maxing at 5 seconds. I wouldn't care if he was nerfed in some way. Actually, I kinda wish he would get nerfed if it means people would stop crying about him.
Thats true with any charater but its the fact, that a TERRIABLE trynd can go 0-4 early game get destroyed then come back SO EASILY thats another reason hes op, hes the only champ that can catch up after dying 4 times to the point that hes a threat to a 4-0 player even if he has no kills himself from just farm alone.

Quote:
People stopped talking about him because after he got nerfed, they got what they wanted. Lee Sin got nerfed, akali got nerfed but you don't see people stop playing them. I still see graves from time to time, just not in 3v3 obviously.
I didnt say people stoped talking about them i said people that played them and said they "were pro with him" stoped playing him from the fact they didnt have that op advantage, i use to see tons of graves even on the non rotation but all of a sudden patch happened he got nerfed and dam ive only seen like 1 in 30games. same with akali and lee sin, it use to be over population but i rarely see them any more. but i see a trynd 7/10 games now on the usual.

Quote:
Except it's not hard to counter him with items... Dodge isn't removed yet, it still counters him with ninja tabi. Thornmail is an obvious counter. You still have 2 other champions who can **** him up. You got a ryze on your team? If he bursts tryn he's done. Frozen heart is still good against him too. You can say they're expensive, but it's a hard counter for a reason. Don't feed him and constantly put pressure on him. He's easy to lane against compared to other champions if their tryn has trouble getting fury in lane.

I'm just trying to give you tips, peace
Im sorry but what your saying again proves hes op, just like what i stated in my first post, you expect people to spend 40%+ of all gold earned on a match to just counter a trynd? how do you think thats not OP. And lets just say 2/3 members got that, you'd focus the charater w.o the items, thus getting him fed to the point were dodge and thornmail wont matter. and say ALL champs got that 40% on just counter trynd, say you have 2 other ap champs for teammates, do you expect us to spend another 1k+ on countering them too, THEN building or items or what? and again you shouldnt have to pick a Counter charater just to handle a trynd that means hes OP, like i said i have no problem when i play charaters that are his counters but its the fact you shouldnt be limited to playing the same charater just to counter, what fun is that?

Sam

11-30-2011

Just use a good high burst AD with exhaust or ignite and 3 shot him and ruin his lane, or get a levle 2 gank from jungle.

RigorMorris

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauJustice View Post
The only Trynd's that worry me are the good ones that use cleanse...and those are only 1 out of every 20+ Trynd's I see. Get him to Ult, wait 2 seconds, cast Ignite on him and run away. Dead Trynd if he isn't running cleanse.

Plenty of characters are capable of bullying him in lane. Malphite, Udyr, Yorick, Garen...basically anyone who can harass him and is able to trade with him early.

Hopefully the increased jungle difficulty stops him from leveling so fast early on, even when he's losing his lane.

I still think his Ult should be nerfed to either 4 seconds total, or in a tiered structure like 3/4/5. Everything else can be left as is. I think that is very reasonable.
Wait 2 seconds cast ignite, tryn has full rage and heals while retreating. No kill

Hostile

12-01-2011

Quote:
Just use a good high burst AD with exhaust or ignite and 3 shot him and ruin his lane, or get a levle 2 gank from jungle.
Yes like i said if i counter pick i can easily destroy a trynd, but the point of this topic is how 1 charater shouldnt always need a counter pick to be able to win. I cant think of 1 champ besides trynd you actually have to counter with another champ to be able to win. in 3vs3 were 33% of the champ selection is 1 player compared to 20% of the team in 5vs5, 1/3 of the team shouldnt always have to play a counter to another charater.

Riot wants us to play with more aggressive game play.. how is hugging your own turrent from fear of his crits and his slow.. agressive game play? ive seen more times or not people play defensively against a trynd because of the fact he can basically 2shot them at lvl1. I mean really think about it, beginning of game you happen to get into a 1vs1 fight with at trynd, your winning and all of asudden you crits you 2 times in a row for over half your hp and you die.. now he has time to push wave then jungle before you respawn and get back to lane, and by that time hes out lvled you and has max fury, and theres nothing you can do... sure your team can gank but he will just spin through a wall or stay fight kill one of you then spin out to avoid dying. theres absolutely no winning with him, you have to non stop 2vs1 the whole game and follow him even into the jungle otherwise he can still take you all on...

LoveKittenFight

12-01-2011

You know, I own Trynd, I play him every once and a while. I must say Trynd is annoying to see in TT, (mostly because he's always there, ALWAYS...=.=), but he's not the biggest problem nor a unique one. People ought to realize that champs, like AD Sion perchance (I play him ALOT), are just as "OP" as Trynd, about this only difference is Sion has mana, but I can still **** on a Trynd in lane and just about every other champ. They have the same counters, weaknesses and strengths, but I never hear anyone complaining about how OP he is? Does mana really make that big of a difference?

IllegalN00b

12-01-2011

Oh hey looks its Chouncey, the guy who only plays surfer singed and tryn. Too bad we raped you the other day

Hostile

12-01-2011

Quote:
You know, I own Trynd, I play him every once and a while. I must say Trynd is annoying to see in TT, (mostly because he's always there, ALWAYS...=.=), but he's not the biggest problem nor a unique one. People ought to realize that champs, like AD Sion perchance (I play him ALOT), are just as "OP" as Trynd, about this only difference is Sion has mana, but I can still **** on a Trynd in lane and just about every other champ. They have the same counters, weaknesses and strengths, but I never hear anyone complaining about how OP he is? Does mana really make that big of a difference?
Sion ****s on trynd because of the stun early game, and yes mana does play ALOT into it, you cant just spam your stun as sion meaning you have to use it at the right time, unlike trynd he can use his skills at any moment without consquence. meaning he can spam his skills and not have to worry about backing just cause hes low on mana, the only thing he has to be concerned about is hp, which his q is a great heal so he really doesnt have to worry about anything. Yes AD sion is op but imo only when he has items, and ive never had trouble with a ad sion until one game my team fed him and his 100% lifesteal was devastating...

but yes if trynd used mana, 99% of trynd players would fail with him, because they are use to the op free will of his skills, heal, escape, slow, ect...