Champion Design Direction: Goals of new champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotSid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
If you're OK with him never being buffed, then yes.
Woah woah woah woah woah woah.

Woah.

Woah.

Veigar main here.

What remake?

xXsimplicityXx

11-30-2011

Morello is there any plans in the future works for a champion that uses there ability/abilities to modify the terrain? Sounds like a really cool idea.

NOLFWE

11-30-2011

I will be happy if the Live team make a thread like yours Morello. I have so many questions for them

Morello

Lead Designer

11-30-2011
32 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by serverny View Post
http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/heroview.php?hid=26

While i was suggesting skill similar to this in LOL as part of potential Eve rework and Ezreal adding gap-closer instead of slow was a neat trick, calling it genius is a bit too much
In fact whole Dark Lady's skillset is very similar to Nocturne's.

Now please can we have real Admiral to fight Pirates ?
Being creative isn't genius, making things that work and are fun is. I don't know if Ezreal was inspired by that or not, and it doesn't matter. It's really fun to use and creates new gameplay opportunities.

MrTwiggy

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not5id View Post

Woah.

Woah.

Veigar main here.

What remake?
They've been talking about reducing his late game potency, maybe tweaking his ultimate so it does something else, and front loading him a bit more power so he's not so weak in the beginning of the game with the huge gaping issue of mana.

schwagger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3rg3m3n View Post
Heya, Morello.

As I see you're active on this thread, I just wanted to throw some thanks your way for being a helpful and active designer and member of our community.

We may not always agree, but at least you engage in good dialogue, which I really appreciate

Keep up the nerfs, good sir! (Jk plz don't nerf me <3)
I will agree with this man. All of my posts got a response but 1. Good job Morello on the customer relations side. My new nickname for you is Morejello.

IntuitionaL

11-30-2011

To be honest Morello, I actually love Jarvan's and Maokai's kit because they are unique and they don't recycle old material (well most of the skills anyway).

Since you referred to Jarv IV, let's talk about him.

He resembles are similar dash mechanic, however does this in a different way with his flag + dragonstrike so it's like he polevaults into the fight. This is a genius way of still giving a tank an initiating skill, but uses this cool mechanic to jump in the fight whilst buffing your allies.

And his ultimate is also very cool has it creates some cool team spell combinations but also can ruin a whole team fight as well.

I'm not so sure what problem you have with Jarvan. I really wish Riot doesn't remove really cool skill ideas in order to maintain this notion of making champions easy to understand.

Jujubee

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Design-wise? Yes. Do people have some fun with them? Yes.
I have just one wish for LoL and that is to make the future champs interesting, innovative and not misleading. I want the next support champ to not have another generic shield or heal cause I'm a very, VERY big support champ fan. Janna and Soraka are my two most played in ranked and I do well with them. This is why everything I talk about it support-related. I am so tired of people (even some reds) who keep on saying supports are unpopular but its true and that is because they get the most boring and generic skills you could ever put on a champion. Oh and please make more skins for them? I believe you made a promise! Thank you for addressing these issues without coming off as an irritated or biased red (I'm not gonna name names) keep up the great work, good luck and God bless! :3

Morello

Lead Designer

11-30-2011
33 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not5id View Post

Woah.

Woah.

Veigar main here.

What remake?
Something we're passively poking at. No concrete plans.

tomanybugs

11-30-2011

Morello

Frist off just want to thank you for answering some of my questions.

I did have one more Question Would you say the the lvl of design of heroes has gone up since you guys have restarted the test realm?