Champion Design Direction: Goals of new champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

11-30-2011
24 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomanybugs View Post
Morello I have a question Are you guys going to try and avoid more of your failed experiment heroes such as leona urgot and karma and if so how did those heroes make it to live release and not get cut.
Leona is in that batch? Reaaaaally? Leona's great dude.

Vallant

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not5id View Post
Oh trust me, I know all about the Lichbane Veigar. You ever see a tower go down in 3 auto attacks?
A yup. I've seen them go down in 1 with a 68 minute farmed Q on Nasus too. But yeah, lich bane on Veig is my ace in the hole, with that touch of cooldown reduction to make him a bit more balanced. Stun, lich bane auto, q, lich bane auto, lead e, lich bane auto and if all else fails just flash and R if you are that hard up for the kill.

Mutant Diplomacy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticFinal View Post
just promise me, no more wukong releases, where the champ is originally complex, and tough to play, and you dumb them down to spoon feed bads
I agree, yet I don't agree.

Wukong's original idea was amazing, to put it simply. It would have made him a champion completely in his own class with a high skill cap. It's very sad that they ended up scrapping the idea.

Wukong isn't entirely without a nice skill ceiling, though, contrary to popular belief. He accomplished exactly what Morello stated they wanted: "Low skill floor, with a high skill ceiling."

Knowing how to engage, when to engage, and which abilities to use in a certain order are very important. A good Wukong knows when to use his clone to block skillshots, escape, and/or engage on an enemy, which is apparent in how well he performs.

schwagger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomanybugs View Post
Morello I have a question Are you guys going to try and avoid more of your failed experiment heroes such as leona urgot and karma and if so how did those heroes make it to live release and not get cut.
Riot has adopted this, Look to the Future, F the past, attitude atm.

tomanybugs

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
You guys didn't show her off as a support type in the Champion Spotlight.

Waldgeist

11-30-2011

All the original champions -- designed before Morello joined Riot -- followed these principles. The stream of generic, yet overloaded skills started when he became Lead Champion Designer.

So much time and energy wasted, just for going full circle.

Morello

Lead Designer

11-30-2011
25 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PataFeuFeu View Post
does this mean there are Nocturne/Irelia/Jarvan reworks incomming or are you just announcing you won't do any more of these?
Using the overload specifically as a lesson (actually, Nocturne's ult is a stroke of genius by Ezreal), not sure on the future here. I'd love to replace a mechanic on Nocturne and push him into balls-out assassin.

NotSid

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallant View Post
A yup. I've seen them go down in 1 with a 68 minute farmed Q on Nasus too. But yeah, lich bane on Veig is my ace in the hole, with that touch of cooldown reduction to make him a bit more balanced. Stun, lich bane auto, q, lich bane auto, lead e, lich bane auto and if all else fails just flash and R if you are that hard up for the kill.
People called me a troll that game. They called me a troll for first of all picking Veigar, then once they saw me build a Lichbane they told the other team to report me. By the end of it, I was backdooring like a pro and killing anybody who came to stop me. Yeah, backdooring as freakin' Veigar. Either killed whoever came to stop me or just recalled before they could do anything about it.

Kryzen

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Implying Urgot was failed :,[

Good night, sweet prince.

Falco Amadeus

11-30-2011

Any word if Master Yi's getting any tweaks like other season 1 champs?
I am very hopeful :3