Most of the time (60-80% of games) 30 5.77%
Half the time (40-60% of games) 38 7.31%
Sometimes (20-40% of games) 86 16.54%
Bascially Never (0-20% of games) 263 50.58%
Voters: 520. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: How often do you play Dominion?

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamesb8

11-30-2011

i use it whenever i feel like blitzcrank because he is so much fun and with free farm (ie. Dominion) and people don't like when i try to solo top as him or go bot with soraka.

Xo IKill oX

11-30-2011

It's about all I play. One round lasting 45-60 minutes is too long of a commitment for me. I much prefer the shorter games of dominion. Seems to be a more relaxed atmosphere.

I will occasionally play Summoners Rift for a more involved game where I want more variables

Ansre

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungBlade View Post
In a lot of ways, it seems that Riot is encouraging people to play Dominion.
Name one way other than this one change.

Believe me, they're not trying to get you to play dominion by tricking you into queuing for it; it's obvious that that would just piss people off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phosphia View Post
I played it when it first came out.

One game.

Never played it again.
Most dominion haters never got over the initial hump. At least you admit you didn't give it more than the tiniest of chances.

Took me awhile to adjust to it from SR; like others, shorter games work better for me, and up until very recently it's been far more relaxed than SR.

Kenpachiiiiiii

11-30-2011

only started playing it cos jungling is terrible

YoungBlade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansre View Post
Name one way other than this one change.

Believe me, they're not trying to get you to play dominion by tricking you into queuing for it; it's obvious that that would just piss people off.
Well, I listed two in the OP, the other being that every patch preview shows gameplay in Dominion. That is a subtle way of suggesting that Dominion is the "standard" game mode for League. The switch to queuing is another.

I'm not saying that Riot is tricking people, they don't seem like that sort of company. I just think they really want Dominion to be successful. Summoner's Rift 5v5 is basically modified DotA whereas Dominion is unique to League of Legends. I think the company wants to set League apart and feels Dominion is the way to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phosphia View Post
I played it when it first came out.

One game.

Never played it again.
I do think Summoner's Rift is a better overall experience, but I'd try at least a couple more games. They have made significant changes since it's release that makes Dominion better than it was on Day 0.

EzraTwitch

11-30-2011

Basically never, but at the moment quite alot since the broke the gorram jungle.

YoungBlade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpachiiiiiii View Post
only started playing it cos jungling is terrible
Quote:
Originally Posted by EzraTwitch View Post
Basically never, but at the moment quite alot since the broke the gorram jungle.
Maybe this should have been a poll option...

I think Dominion has something to offer. As a number of people have said, quicker games are often more convenient. I think the gameplay is more intense. I do hope people don't start playing Dominion just because they're unhappy with changes to Summoner's Rift.

Also, if you want to do "old" jungling, you can do that! There's an "old" jungle on Twisted Treeline! XD

The Captn Korea

11-30-2011

I think I've played maybe 10 games of dominion total. I usually play if Im getting feeders in SR that I can't carry. Then I go to Dom which I suck in and make people carry me.

Kaizan

11-30-2011

Dominion is fun, its just aint the classic. I go there when i dont want a long game and wana muck around with itembuilds etc

ThouSummonThee

11-30-2011

Played 2 games of Dominion, total of 250 games overall.

First one was when I barely started, and won easily.
Second time was today, on accident. I was wondering why it was a 45 second wait, another win, 10-0 Riven ftw.

123456 ... 7