Dodging Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

4ntichri5t

11-28-2011

Needs a mega punishment. I suggest and hour ban. I sat through 25 minutes of Banning, picking, and then dodge. Game after game after game. Need to force people to play ranked games that they start. I think if they had to wait an hour to play, they would think twice before dodging.

Also, I saw another post that I really liked the idea. The people who are not the team leader, get to quickly select one champ that they do NOT want banned that only their team leader can see. This will make that Champ unable to be banned by that team leader. Therefore no more trolls, banning peoples champs just to make them mad.

KealMist

11-29-2011

you lose elo if you dodge a ranked game. And in you need to learn to be more flexible it sounds like your the one who rages if the team leader makes an intelligent ban

ItsDangerous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ntichri5t View Post
I sat through 25 minutes of Banning.
^ Can I have that

4ntichri5t

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KealMist View Post
you lose elo if you dodge a ranked game. And in you need to learn to be more flexible it sounds like your the one who rages if the team leader makes an intelligent ban
Not only did you miss the entire point, but you also have nothing at all to say that makes any sort of positive influence on the post. Please keep your comments off the thread for it may drive people away.

Flange

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

There should be no penalty for avoiding a game that you're almost guaranteed to lose. I work 40+ hours a week, my time is precious, and if you cannot form a decent team in ranked you deserve to be dodged. I've never dodged a ranked game, but my time spent on LoL would be much more enjoyable if I didn't have to sit through ~20-60 minutes of trash because one or a few people aren't team players.

4ntichri5t

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
There should be no penalty for avoiding a game that you're almost guaranteed to lose. I work 40+ hours a week, my time is precious, and if you cannot form a decent team in ranked you deserve to be dodged. I've never dodged a ranked game, but my time spent on LoL would be much more enjoyable if I didn't have to sit through ~20-60 minutes of trash because one or a few people aren't team players.
4 people sitting here for a half an hour watching dodge after dodge after dodge is worse than someone dodging a game and having to wait to play again. But no, you are right, it's all about you.

JimboTheXtreme

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ntichri5t View Post
4 people sitting here for a half an hour watching dodge after dodge after dodge is worse than someone dodging a game and having to wait to play again. But no, you are right, it's all about you.
On the contrary, someone might view it as this:

Losing a ranked game is worse than sitting through dodges OR Dodging is better than losing.

No need to be so rude, its a matter of opinion. It depends on how you weigh things and your patience.

upppenheimer

11-29-2011

I have dodged before, however i try at all cost to avoid it. I have also seen it to where my team will have no chance and i dont feel like wasting up to an hour of my time because in games like that the people who troll the pick troll the surrender as well. Just saying it sucks but it sucks losing rank and time because other people troll

TingTingMikeey

Recruiter

11-30-2011

What brings about more rage? Queue dodging or leavers/AFK in a ranked game? Decisions decisions..

shavedsteak

11-30-2011

I have personally dodged queue. I hate doing it, but when you are looking at a team with 3 or 4 ad, no jungles, no support, and nobody willing to compose a team that is even competitive, then I am sorry, but yes I will dodge. There are times when you know the game is lost at champ select, and its not worth playing through and losing elo over.

I see your initial point, but if you are that worked up about it, then my suggestion would be to look for a 5s team, or play normal blind pick. The dodging comes with the territory of solo/duo queue. It really is as simple as that. And its a 15 minute ban for dodging ranked queues btw.