Boycott the Jungle

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

darkno1

11-29-2011

morello still doesnt get the point of 90% community wanting the jungle back. Who the hell cares about trying it and most of us already have but does it matter? We know what we want back. face facts.

ST Blademage

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblesaurus View Post
Really, because SV has failed ganks all night and he was the highest level on his team a few games other games he was avg(never lowest).

Funny how that works eh.
funny how all the words that come out of his mouth are that the jungle sucks.. and each bit of sarcasm about how its "a good change by riot" is spite towards and under-tested an uneeded change. so stop posting rly.. every time you do it makes you seem more idiotic than before

TriforceOfChozo

11-29-2011

I'm not playing jungle until these changes are either reverted or drastically fixed.

Growl Mireles

11-29-2011

signed, agree with you 100% just seems like its a farm fest now

Duffie

11-29-2011

Taking out counter jungling = dumbing down the game

Jungle Farmers = only viable jungle

RIP Jungle

EzraTwitch

11-29-2011

ditto

also

Quote:
I'm not playing jungle until these changes are either reverted or drastically fixed.
I am not playing PERIOD until these changes are either reverted or drastically fixed.

Starcastic

11-29-2011

What people don't realize is that this patch was implemented as part of Riot's final solution of the jungler question.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

11-29-2011
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Crumbzz, so this is a jungle where if you dedicate yourself to farming, you can keep up with everyone else's farm, and if you choose to give up farming in order to gank, you get behind slightly in farm. This was our goal with the jungle. On that front, I feel like this is a success. Am I correct in this assessment?

Now, your points about overpowered junglers, specifically AoE junglers, I can see a lot of truth in that. If you want to be a dedicated jungler, AoE might be the way to go right now and this might require re-balancing.

Why are you so tied up in the concept of "full clear -> gank"? We specifically stated that it was somewhat of a goal to get rid of that concept. The jungle does not come in "waves." The jungle is living, breathing, and ever-active. A "full clear" is not really a "full clear" if half of it is already back up, isn't it?

And as for your specific example of level2 -> gank before the side lane hits level 2, this is still completely doable. Kill the Lizard instead of the double golems. Sure it spawns 15 seconds later and that will slow you down slightly, but it also gives you the Lizard buff for an even stronger gank. As someone who's done both of these ganks before, I prefer the latter

Smoseph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Crumbzz, so this is a jungle where if you dedicate yourself to farming, you can keep up with everyone else's farm, and if you choose to give up farming in order to gank, you get behind slightly in farm. This was our goal with the jungle. On that front, I feel like this is a success. Am I correct in this assessment?

Now, your points about overpowered junglers, specifically AoE junglers, I can see a lot of truth in that. If you want to be a dedicated jungler, AoE might be the way to go right now and this might require re-balancing.

Why are you so tied up in the concept of "full clear -> gank"? We specifically stated that it was somewhat of a goal to get rid of that concept. The jungle does not come in "waves." The jungle is living, breathing, and ever-active. A "full clear" is not really a "full clear" if half of it is already back up, isn't it?

And as for your specific example of level2 -> gank before the side lane hits level 2, this is still completely doable. Kill the Lizard instead of the double golems. Sure it spawns 15 seconds later and that will slow you down slightly, but it also gives you the Lizard buff for an even stronger gank. As someone who's done both of these ganks before, I prefer the latter
Sure maybe it met your goals, but we hate what your goals wanted to achieve. I thought you guys wanted to increase aggression. What you're saying is that you want us to idle farm in the jungle right now or miss out on farm, which is definitely not aggressive

ekimkcorb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoseph View Post
Sure maybe it met your goals, but we hate what your goals wanted to achieve. I thought you guys wanted to increase aggression. What you're saying is that you want us to idle farm in the jungle right now or miss out on farm, which is definitely not aggressive
Cannot upvote this enough.