I said Fizz was the worst abomination to date..... I was wrong.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ixalmaris

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylarry View Post
his ult gives him a 155 damage steroid btw. vayne gets 55.
i guess its balanced since hes a melee and can be kited? but slapping 155 damage per auto on a champ that gets 60% innate attack speed seems sorta ridic
Try to compare this to Shyvana. Her ult also only gives her some AoE to her abilities. But not to her autoattacks like with volis ult.
Oh, have I forgotten to mention that Voli has 2 CC moves, a movementspeed and as buff?

I can't find a single reason why anyone would take Shyvana over Volibear.

Magnumsmash

11-29-2011

Lol Haters cant handle the new champ, hes not that OP.

Such Worth

11-29-2011

hey guys he doesnt do that much damage unless he builds that way
then when he does u burst him down so his passive does nothing

Problem solved u can stop qq'ing now

Yummines

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuinthev View Post
1) Chosen of the Storm - 120 second cooldown versus Mundo's 40 second. Just as vulnerable to Ignite.

2) Rolling Thunder - Fling is not the strongest position control ability in the game. Urgot's ult, stun cage, Alistar combo, cait traps, are all stronger imo. Can be countered the same way you counter fling, proper positioning, taunts, and slows.

3) Frenzy - Damage is based on health, one of the least gold efficient stats in the game. Deny him gold, delay his build, cripple his single-target damage. Again, it's melee, so protect your carries and position properly.

4) Majestic Roar - Oh right, the QQ here is nonexistent.

5) Thunder Claws - Spread... out? It is a very flashy ult. If you remain clumped in a teamfight after you let him freefarm and feed all game, who exactly is to blame? Oh yeah, it's also magic damage, and if he's been stacking health for W he has very little AP, easily countered with a BV (which you should be grabbing if his fling is proving problematic).

I don't get the last bit, its not like only a small subset of players can play Volibear and his counterpicks (Fizz, Vayne, Kog, etc), forcing the majority of players to play Eve and Trundle. You also aren't forced to pay for this game, and you're entitled to vote with your dollar. Anyway, have a great day!
i agree with most, but it still pisses me off that they gave him a fling

Fling is what made Singed a unique champion in playstyle. Fling and Poison trail is what makes Singed. giving a movement speed steroid and a fling in one skill seems kind of weird, considering Singed's W and R are pretty much ways to get fling to work

Magnumsmash

11-29-2011

Shyvana clearly rapes volibear top no prob and so does lee sin. So why is the community hating lol

Zileas

VP of Game Design

11-29-2011
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonk View Post
Volibear is the single most depressing cashcow you have ever produced, I have lost all faith in you Riot. How a champion like this is even conceived.... I just don't know. When the forum actually agrees that a champion is blatantly broken... You know something is seriously ****ing wrong.

Let's go over his kit.

Chosen of the Storm- His passive is an ultimate, a very powerful ultimate. Mundo's to be specific, except its better and heals over 6 seconds instead of 12.

Rolling Thunder- Something that is absolutely unbelievable to me.... Take Singed's Fling (the most powerful position control ability in the game) and turn it into a gap closer.... That's totally not broken in every way conceivable.

Frenzy- Take Shen's passive, increase the damage to 1000, and make it an execute that's better than Garen's Demacian Judgement. I'm not even going to go into the free attack speed on it. Real cool, this guy already has 2+ ultimates ....

Majestic Roar- A seemingly silent roar with tiny sparks that's an AoE damage/slow. Real original. Oh and it detects clones and let's him dive minions.

Thunder Claws- What I can only call Ricochet on mass steroids.... Honestly it's quite funny that you would remake Sivir and then put this into the game.

Unless there are some serious changes (It's not going to happen). I'll be leaving indefinitely for DotA 2, I don't even care about the jungle changes this **** is just beyond the pale. You've given your loyal players a golden shower with their money, you've made R-Kelly proud. I'm however tired of being pissed on, you promised you wouldn't do this, instead you based your entire business plan around it. Honestly you have to have no shame.
He has some cool advantages, but he also has some clear drawbacks which you aren't talking about at all. Additionally, a lot of the abilities you mention are very different than their 'similar' abilities. I'd much rather have fling than Volibear's charge+fling, because Singed fling is longer distance and I believe more damaging, and more naturally combos with his stuff.

The point of comparison for play balance should be a similar character like Udyr. Relative to Udyr, Volibear is more kitable and less tankey, but has better damage and better team utility. He has clear pros and cons vs another character that is relatively balanced, which is really the right measure of balance.

BTW -- sorry for misunderstanding your post initially, I am trying to participate in what threads I can, and thought you were critiquing the ability choices we made, not the power level.

EcksTeaSea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Look, if you don't like it, don't unlock him. I don't like this style of character much, and I thought he was really fun. His playstyle is very different than all of the characters you are comparing him to anyway, which is the actual comparison that matters. Are you saying he plays like Sivir? Garen? Singed? Because he doesn't play like any of those.
I'm pretty sure its more of a holy **** this guy can do so ****ing much kind of thing. Seriously OP.

MasterfulWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

Quote:
Look, if you don't like it, don't unlock him. I don't like this style of character much, and I thought he was really fun. His playstyle is very different than all of the characters you are comparing him to anyway, which is the actual comparison that matters. Are you saying he plays like Sivir? Garen? Singed? Because he doesn't play like any of those.
He's saying Riot is using power creep in order to make more money. Which is obviously an ethical grey area.

g0atQG

11-29-2011

Mr. Zileas I think he was talking more about how powerful he is rather than how his playstyle is might want to re-read.

EDIT : WTF double ninja'd.. THERE EVERYWHERE RUNNNNNN

EDIT2 : Zileas edited his post now my post makes no sense kfafskfbkasbfjabskfbassk

MG z3rg3m3ow

11-29-2011

Quote:

His fling is very weak compared to singed also. The point of comparison should be Udyr -- he's less tankey, and more damaging, with slightly better team utility.
Riot has repeatedly said that champs shouldn't be blatantly OP because you can't choose not to fight against them (at least in blind pick)

??