If you could add a feature to the PVP.net client for Season 2, what would it be?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mdigibou

11-27-2011

I cba to read this whole thread (so iunna if someone mentioned this yet or not) but something i feel alot of competitive players want is:

1.) The option to queue dodge ranked without penalty (not indefinately obviously). Most higher ranked players have time to wait, and dont mind waiting a few extra queues worth of time for a good team

OR (not and)

2.) The option to vote-ban someone out of ranked draft queue. There is no way to verify that someone banned all the champs that someone wanted to pick, or if they banned eve, twitch, X other non-devastating champion. Or if they are TROLOLOL OMG WHATS A CREEP SCORE GUIZE? LOLOL then reporting them doesnt do anything if they arent blatantly obscene in game. You guys can come up with how this works however you want, but I think alot of players would love this feature. And it works in ranked, because you ae either 1/2/5. If you are 2, you cant gang up on your random like if you had 4 in a normal queue, and if you are 5 and banning someone from queue youre prolly not inviting them back into game.
OR
3.) Fix reporting. I understand the system works, and is designed to be forgiving. It just is too bureaucratic at the moment, and takes too long to deliver any results. Once someone reaches level 30 and they haven' been culled out of the system for being a troll, they likely never will. I undestand RIOT wants people to play their game, and spend money, and get advert money, but i also understand that there are LOTS of trolls and nothing will ever happen to them because they are good trolls, and are sneaky. "playing while intoxicated" is not a punishable offense, but how many times have you seen someone say "OMG IM SO DRUNK/HIGH" in queue and you dodged because you didnt feel like playing "that game". That's the wrong way to do things. This player shouldbe punished for wasting 5 other peoples' time. The only reason this is even an issue unlike in most games, you are dedicated to sitting there for MINIMUM 20 minutes, often more because your 1/12 teemo has got this. In counterstrike, i can walk away, and rejoin server. In Generals, i can leave, and find another game. In any other game i can just walk away. Not here. Im punished for that. So punish people that make this behavior desirable.

saber rider

11-27-2011

Sandbox Mode.
A mode where you can equip any champ with any item to try out different builds. Think of it as a practice mode like in most fighting games (eg Street Fighter 4).

Features:
- spawning of other champs controlled by AI or standing still (with customizable items as well)
- real-time damage statistics

Void2258

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2011

Can the cursor please lock logically? For example, if your are in team chat getting people together, there is only one place that any keyboard input can logically go. Yet you still have bring the mouse over and click the one and only text entry field on the whole page before you can type. Same for after game chat, or when you are talking to friends (you have to select their tab, then click in the text box to talk). There is only one place the typing could possibly be going. Please put the cursor in the text field at all times so we don't type into thin air because we forgot to click it.

Void2258

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2011

Can we please get a connection checker function? It is really annoying that you can't check to see how your connection is holding up until you are in the loading screen and see a red 750 next to your name. At that point, we have no choice but to play a game with the game lagging horribly. If we could check it before hand not only could we avoid playing such games, but we could easily diagnose our problems without making things hell for everyone else.

basod

11-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbiterOfCool View Post
(I will)
You never made a post about this for EU forums.

Sucks to be European.

ArbiterOfCool

Flash Developer

11-27-2011
22 of 22 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by basod View Post
You never made a post about this for EU forums.

Sucks to be European.
I do not have my account set up for the EU. Monday.

CT Force

11-27-2011

a First win of the day timer out of victory/ defeat screen

Harvester

11-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corran View Post
You'd use it if you wanted to come online to check the store without being bothered or situations similar to that. Since being invited to games is based on the pvp.net chat, you'd have to appear online to get invited, and many people only play with friends. I'd certainly use an appear offline mode, but not all the time.
You can already do this, just hit the green circle to change it to yellow (busy) and change your status to AFK. If you want to talk to a friend, you whisper them. If a friend you don't want to play with wants to play with someone, they won't invite you since you're AFK.

Bedwilly Sanchez

11-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbiterOfCool View Post
-More Detailed information about a champions abilities i.e:

current: Garen's Decisive Strike - Garen's next attack strikes a vital area of his foe, dealing bonus damage and silencing them

ideal: Garen's Decisive Strike - Garen gains bonus movement speed for 4 seconds, in addition his next melee attack within 6 seconds will deal physical damage and silence its target for 2.5 seconds.

Cooldown: 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 / 8 seconds
Total Physical Damage: 30 / 45 / 60 / 75 / 90 (+1.4 per attack damage)

Bonus Movement Speed: 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 %
(credits to: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com for the more detailed information)
I heard once that this was obscured because you wanted to make sure it was not daunting for new players, but if you were to make each skill description expandable for those who want to know the info, well, that would satisfy both parties...

Buizel

11-27-2011

The ability to lock my scoreboard in place. I'm tired of losing it in a game and never being able to find it again.